Darnell Washington is having himself a camp

Feel great for the kid.

Really don’t want to play against him.

So is Sam :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Yea if he stays healthy he’s gonna be a good one!

Apparently Trey Palmer may beat out Russel Gage and start for the Bucs. Really wish we could’ve moved up from that Green pick and taken him.

1 Like

Does anyone remember why the kid fell in the draft? Was it health related?

Not sure, it was a very good draft for TE

Could’ve been as simple as he slipped because certain teams like Dallas had Shoonmaker over him or Jags had Brenton Strange.

He could’ve been consensus #4 TE but didn’t get drafted until #8 that happens sometimes

1 Like

I thought it was related to health issues; something about soft tissue injuries? I can’t quite recall, so don’t take that as a statement of fact. Either way, he fell—hard. So in that event, it makes for a great story.

5 Likes

reports are he had a pretty bad knee injury/condition from what i remember, dont think it was similar to Gurley, but apparently its why he dropped

1 Like

I believe I heard that as well. Good memory.

Yes, it was health related, but I don’t recall exactly what it was.

1 Like

I ain’t scared. Practicing against La Porta will have Middle Jack ready for him.

" The primary culprit appears to be medical issues. A year after fellow Georgia product Nakobe Dean went from potential first-rounder to pick No. 93 in the third round due to injury concerns, Washington was “red-flagged” by multiple teams after battling a repeat foot injury in college, according to WalterFootball.com."

1 Like

I was really hoping we’d end up with him. LaPorta seems like the consolation prize in my eyes.

Knees rings a bell, something about his medical showed really bad knees and questions about how long his career would last.

I’m fairly sure I remember hearing that somewhere about him

Edit: just saw @SchemeTheDream post, that was it!

LaPorta was hand picked by Dan. That was one of the reasons why we were willing to take him so early, and over Brian Branch who we also loved.