Daron Payne 4 years $90M

“If you want Payne, the price starts at $20M/year.”

1 Like

I thought he might crack 100M, but 60 mill guaranteed, good for him!

4 Likes

I’ll leave the analysis to people smarter than me.

@Phunnypharm :expressionless: :expressionless:

3 Likes

Kick the tires re: Jonathan Allen

1 Like

Trading Allen makes no sense IMO. They help each other immensely. Best DT duo in the nfl. You trade Allen, Payne gets doubled every snap.

4 Likes

They have both Young and Sweat coming up very soon. Decisions need to be made.

2 Likes

Sheldon Rankins, dependable, steady, and about 1/3rd the price for a shorter deal and already has experience with Campbell and Glenn. I’m of the opinion we don’t need a hero, we just need to seal some holes.

1 Like

Well, I was close, I was willing to do a $22 million deal months ago. Haters gonna hate.

way to much good pay day for a guy who was in top five in missed tackles last season. But its team game

1 Like

Good contract. I wasn’t disagreeing that he could get that per year. I do think the structure will be faily kind over the first couple of years, allowing the cap to go up and better absorb. 60M is basically 3 at 20 so isn’t crazy if he can come close to 11.5 sacks in a couple of those years. I bet here, he would have had a good chance to have that type of production. On to Dre’Mont Jones?

Jason has updated the numbers for Payne at OTC

A little fluff in reporting, but still a very good contract for Payne with a lot of cash up front.

We could have easily offered a similar contract. This probably means Sweat and Young may walk???

Definitely Sweat. He is as good as gone. For Young I bet it comes down to how he plays over the next 2 seasons. I’m sure they will be willing to keep him if he stays healthy and produces. But even if Sweat blows up for double digit sacks I bet he’s going to b allowed to walk.