Dave Canales confirms Panthers' 'draft promise' to Xavier Legette . . . sorta

Kinda an ingenious strategy by Leggette to push himself into Rd 1 if a team really wants him.

I don’t think a coach would actually say this unless they DIDN’T plan on drafting him.

Spent a lot of time around DK. Wonder if they just kick the tires on DK. Though I think that would come with like 39m in dead cap for Seattle or something like that.

I keep seeing them as one of the main options for Aiyuk, especially after the ARSB deal. Most Niners fans think he’s gone. Would honestly be a good idea for them imo, always helps a young QB to have a vet around.

Aiyuk with something like Franklin and Diontae Johnson would be filth WR wise, add something like Ben Sinnot, and Bryce has plenty of weapons

Agreed, that would be a good way to fix it quickly.

We are fast entering an era where teams are gonna try and surround their young QBs with offensive help because it’s becoming more and more clear what happens when you don’t. The Bears are doing that, and of course the Vikings already have a good offense in place. The Pats/Commanders don’t, but like the Panthers right now I expect them to try. It just might take awhile.

The Texans are about the only team who didn’t go that route. Not many people were all that impressed with a Tank Dell, Nico Collins and Metchie/Noah Brown WR corps before last year. But it turns out they knew what they were doing (and their OC is very good).

1 Like

While I think the strong QB ecosystem is the right approach I think we’ll find that hit rates improve only marginally.

Probably, playing QB in the NFL is hard. But even with the failures at least you’ll find out much sooner. Like the Giants could have with Daniel Jones.

It was pretty generic comment he made. Big nothing burger

1 Like

1 Like

Carolina cant get anything right.

Dave…youre not gonna last 3 years…

Youre a nice guy…but youre a joke. Youre not a football coach or person.

Take your money and leave.

Wno hired you?..

I know …

You guys really think this Dave Canales is gonna win? He will never win unless Tepper pays for it.

What a joke.

Unbelievable.

Its unteal…Dave Caneles thinks h is going to be soemthing ? Ok…let me know…

Dave Caneles? Lol…ok.

1 Like

They’re lucky Arnold fell because along with Darius Robinson, Legette is the type of guy our FO loves. We might easily have taken him.