Dave Fipp "thrilled to death" for Reeves-Maybin to be voted to his first Pro Bowl

“It’s a credit to him, but it’s the process is, you have to become a known player and so not only is a credit to what he did this year but really to what he’s done in his seven years in this league and he’s earned notoriety and everybody out there knows who he is and on top of that he goes out there and plays really well and has a great year, so he’s able to get that. But I was distraught for these other two guys cause I think they were deserving as well, so to see him finally get that, to me was outstanding for him personally.”

Reeves-Maybin is tied for the NFL lead with 13 special teams tackles and has played a key role in both of the Lions’ fake punt conversions this season.

Reeves-Maybin ran for a conversion on a fourth-and-2 in the Lions’ Week 1 win over the Kansas City Chiefs, and he completed a 31-yard pass to Khalil Dorsey on a fourth-and-2 in last week’s loss to the Dallas Cowboys.

“God, the throw was incredible,” Fipp said. "My high school coach told me one time a long, long time ago, we were watching a baseball game at our high school and this kid turned a double play. He snared a ball, turned a double play, just out of nowhere. He said to me, he looked at me and said, ‘Hey, David, I’m just telling you, that guy just made a play.’ He’s like one day you’re going to be asked what happened and you’re just going to have to say, ‘That guy made a play.’

“I mean, that’s really what Jerm did in that moment, he just made a play. Like he just threw a great ball. (Jalen Tolbert) wasn’t terrible in coverage for them. He wheeled back around and then Dorsey made a great catch and saw the ball all the way in with his hands, his eyes, he locked it away on the way down. So it was a great job by those guys.”

3 Likes

I’ll bet Fox is happy for him too.

4 Likes

How the ■■■■ has JRM completed more passes than Fox this year??

Going Crazy Will Ferrell GIF

3 Likes

Lost in the chaos. Was this play. That kept us in the game.

MCDC biggest balls ever

Great throw , great catch

By two great ST players

1 Like

He’s the kind of guy who you’re happy he gets some recognition.

Not an every down player, but a guy who can make a difference

1 Like

Coaching…in the name of being unpredictable.

1 Like

Fox is throwing the game winning playoff TD guaranteed :+1::+1::+1:

Yup! I promise he impacts some games in major ways.

What would the payout be on that bet? +200000?

Completed more passes so far.

JRM has more passing yards this season than Aaron Rodgers

Seems like JRM has been here forever through the good and bad so it’s nice to see him get some recognition

Hard to believe he’s going to be 29 years old on January 31.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.