Dave Toub

There’s been a few people clamoring for a Dave Toub post, and as he is my favorite candidate thus far, I thought I’d start one.

Here is what I said in a post back in October, on another thread:

Anyway I know a lot of other people like Toub as well, so let’s talk about that for awhile.

2 Likes

I like that he’s got a strength and conditioning background as well

1 Like

I definitely think he’s worth an interview. I’m not certain if it’s worth waiting for if other candidates are going to get snapped up while we’re waiting on a deep KC playoff run.

2 Likes

it seems this is really underrated by a lot of teams. granted there was no preseason but the hamstring injuries were crazy. I think you’d need a motivator that can talk to player leadership to get offseason conditioning programs. I’m pretty sure you can’t run any actual ‘team’ stuff but players can train how they want offseason.

1 Like

Interesting that he is also “assistant head coach” for the Chiefs. Not sure I’d put him at the top, but I’d give him an interview.

sit down with dave toub

I would go out on a limb and say that Patricia did not have that same background.

2 Likes

It looks like he interviewed for the Miami Dolphins after the 2011 season but decided to sign a 2-year
extension with the Bears.

He also interviewed for the Bears HC position after Lovie Smith’s departure but was given to Trestman.

I think he’s definitely worth a look.

1 Like