David Montgomery appreciation thread

I thought so much of the signing that I drafted him in fantasy football!

3 Likes

7th in yards rushing and 5th in TDs and he missed a game. Awesome.

I thought this was a move we needed to make as Montgomery is just better. Period. He has game swagger, not leadership swagger.

Just a solid RB all around. Great addition to the team.

2 Likes

Jamaal was foolish to play chicken with the Lions with his contract. Not a lot of RBs get to run behind a line like this

I also know I’m in a minority here but his Swaggy schtick was a little tiresome and I thought a bit of a distraction from what Campbell and Holmes are building. When everyone was like ‘this speech is amazing! I’m going to cry!’ I was like ‘WTF is he talking about puppies pissing on the porch?’

3 Likes

We know you’re more of a cat guy.

jeff daniels meow GIF by Dumb and Dumber To

1 Like

That’s a really good point. If he had yammered on about not being kittens pissing on the neighbors roses I’d have been far more entertained

2 Likes

I stated pre FA Jamaal should be maxed out at $3M a year for 3 years. I got toasted, but I also knew we could do better. I had no idea how much better D-Mo would be!

1 Like

Monty is exactly who I thought he was. This looks very much like I expected it too.
Can’t wait for Gibby to follow suit.

As one of my buddies said…gotta be mindful of his pitch count. Netflix/Gibby/Monty is an AWESOME 1/2/3 punch. Let’s use 'em all and keep em all healthy. ■■■■ stats. Win.

Monty is a quality human being. Love having him in that way too.

1 Like

I just hate we can’t be happy we had J and everything he did for us and helped team become
Dan and Brad obviously valued swaggy and by contracts might’ve even over valued him
By the contract offer.

And then be separately happy that D is doing so well and also seems like a good guy easy to root for.

Can’t blame a guy for trying to make business decision on his value and his contract has as much to do what how GMs and owners treated running backs this off season but not exactly based on their value.

We’ve seen backs come in and not last behind this line too.
In fact if d and Craig were slowed up
Lions would be testing the theory

He’s on pace for 352 carries, I don’t think there’s any way he hits that though, Gibbs will get a lot more of the load as the season goes on.

2 Likes

I have followed DM thru college into the pro’s, I was so happy that we got him, he’s a dog.

3 Likes

I knew Monty was an upgrade on the field over Williams. I’ve watched him play for the Bears long enough to know he’s a grinder at running back. The most exciting thing about Montgomery is he’s going to keep getting stronger as the game goes on. He’s at his best in the 4th quarter when the defense legs are getting tired.

What I appreciate about Montgomery the most is he runs with the same intensity on the 1st carry as he does his 30th carry.

2 Likes

Agreed. Reynolds too.

2 Likes

Actually, there are guys that are grinders, the more you feed them as the game goes on the better they do. DM is a grinder.

3 Likes

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

1 Like
2 Likes

mmmm grinder
I bet you are all hungry now

2 Likes

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/grading-lions-signing-david-montgomery

They liked him too!

3 Likes

Hoagies and grinders Hoagies and grinders
Navy beans Navy beans

Meatloaf sandwich

If you know u know.

chris farley 90s GIF

Yes, they graded it as an improvement and for all the right reasons including age. DM is 2 years younger, in football running back years that’s a lot. Currently JW is on IR and has run for 74 yards this year on 27 carries, he is also the 20th highest paid RB in the NFL at $4 million per. DM is #13 at $6 million per, he is currently the #14 rated RB in the NFL although he has missed a game.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.