David Tepper "enamored" with Ben Johnson

Wilks should get the panthers job. Also the pr on the league if all these jobs go to white guys.

1 Like

He clearly deserves it but it doesn’t seem like Tepper’s going that route.

1 Like

Because he technically hasn’t interviewed yet.

1 Like

Especially when the interview has yet to take place.
Ben, who’s going to be your D-Coordinator? Position coaches? What type of D are you looking for? Who’s your O-Line coach? Do you have the phone numbers to these assistants? How long have you been thinking about running your own team? Tell me how you are going to take command of the locker room.
Has Ben been thinking about becoming a HC for weeks, months or years?
Does he have the plan in place IF he was offered the job?
Way too many questions we have no answers for.

3 Likes

I love me some Ben.

1. I really dont think he’s ready.
  2. I really dont think he’s ready.

Biggest reasons being…the stuff my buddy @checkmate260 posted

2 Likes

The other guys who came out of KC were not the playcallers either. Its interesting that Bienemy is the only one that it became a knock on.

Staley is “wicked smaht” and that might be his downfall. Last year is a good example. He owed it to his players to do what it took to make the playoffs. Instead he did some dumb shit in a moment of pride to make himself look like he kept his word to the media.

Adding fuel to your fire, Steve Wilks is from Charlotte. He was born and raised in Charlotte. He was also Asst Head Coach on the Panthers 2015 Super Bowl team.

4 Likes

You are 100% spot on. Well said.

You know what the narrative will be if Wilks doesn’t get the job and somebody like Ben Johnson does. You guys are all smart, you can figure out what that narrative will be without me spelling it out.

2 Likes

This is so funny, I am an engineer an I have interviewed dozens of computer scientists and I can’t think of a worst trait to “nail” an interview then having a Math and computer science degree.

4 Likes

Hey, nerds are people too.

I was comparing Ben’s ascension to Bienemy. Eric’s biggest issue is the rap sheet IMO.

So true

1 Like

Except fir Zuckerberg. Robot for sure.

1 Like

Johnson is a prepared guy. He’s also been in the NFL coaching fraternity since 2012. Worked with dozens of coaches across multiple staffs. Of course he has answers to all those questions. GM’s understand they cannot HAVE the current, uber successful HC. Those guys stay and win. So you LIVE with deficiency. Ben’s is that it’s his first OC gig, but GM’s also understand that is underselling it a bit. That he was highly involved most of last year too.

You can only get the next great offensive mind before they become a HC. You are going to have to choose the offensive mind and be prepared to figure out the rest. Guys like Kafka has been in that position and are getting opportunities now. The Giants were lucky to be able to get him without having to hire him as their HC. But that’s his next step.

We really lived with deficiency when we chose Campbell, who had never been an OC or DC for a pee wee team, let alone an NFL one. Yet we did it, then let him fire the guy who had been both a successful OC and HC with other NFL franchises. Sitting here today, as crazy as that sounded, our GM made the right call. Our rookie GM, who’d never run a team before btw.

4 Likes

Sean Peyton is interviewing for the Panther’s job.

1 Like

If we did have the ability to block Johnson from being interviewed would that be considered a cock block?

4 Likes

Love Ben and hope he stays. Just think that jumping now could be disastrous to both 'Lina & BJ. Even MCDC (who had minimal experience when hired) had a more reliable resume than Ben. Not a shot at all, but running a camp, cuts, team, etc…

Hope he stays… for at least another year.

2 Likes

Wait give me a hint! It’s hippies causing the problem right?

Carolina is not worst situation as division will be winnable in near future.

1 Like

I think he’ll find a better team.

Panthers have 7 picks. None in the 6th or 7th rounds, so nice picks. But still eating money from trades. I don’t think he’s wanting to go to somewhat of a rebuild. He should be crossing his fingers that the Chargers job opens

1 Like