Day 2 - Long Term Need - Poll

Hey we also have Antoine Green who will most likely double his production this year.

I think DPJ is playing linebacker… have you seen him recently? Dude looks like the Hulk.

@socko do you know where the weight room is?

4 Likes

Maybe he’s bulking up to play TE. His play speed screams TE.

Big body WR already on the roster
Hometown kid.

Maybe he explodes like Nico Collins

Not much chatter about safety, but I truly think people are missing this aspect.

#1 Safety - Iffy is one starter, and he was solid last year finally… but he’s got an injury history. Kerby is the other starter who didn’t come on maybe quite as strong as we would have liked in year 2 but is definitely the best we have. Outside of there it’s nothing except taking Branch away from nickel but then that just creates a new hole and also plays Branch out of position. You can’t rely on Iffy and Kerby both playing 20 straight games next year.

#2 OL - The starters are all really, really solid, but it falls off quick after that. At least the Lions have 2 centers in Ragnow and Glasgow. Other than that though - not much outside of Sorsdal who is still a developmental guy. This is a moderate need which is why I have it at number 2.

#3 WR - I see a lot of people talking WR but the reality is you have St Brown, LaPorta, Jamo and Gibbs eating a ton of targets. Behind then you have DPJ and Raymond who are both solid depth. And guys like Chark are still available on the market which is where I think they will tend to look like they did last year with Marvin Jones.

There are a bunch of decent vet safeties still available as well if we don’t draft one

2 Likes

OG get it polished off / over , done-with- and completed at least for insurance.

I definitely agree with you here. I’m not as high as some are on Kerby. I think he makes way too many mistakes and is out of position way too often. Iffy looked like one of the best safeties in the league to end the season, but you’re right in that counting on him to be a 20 game starter is risky.

I would like to see a late guy added in the draft. A Oladapo/Proctor/Taylor type and then add a FA like Adrian Amos. There are a TON of FA safeties still available and really think we need to pick one up for insurance.

Our depth at OL is scary. We don’t have backup tackles. We don’t have backup guards. Our backup C is our starting LG. We need to add here.

I’m with you 100% here. I’m not with everyone here in thinking at WR is as big of a need as some. Jamo is a #12 overall pick. It’s time for him to take #12 overall pick target shares. Plus, #WR2 is #3 in the pecking order, maybe #4 when you consider how much run Gibbs will get. Plus, like you said, guys like Chark are still out there.

OL #1
Then whatever Brad wants.

Then
#245(whatever number) K

Safety in FA

1 Like

Keep a strength a strength.
OL all the way. T who can break in at G.