Day 3 guys I think we'll like (warning, long af post)

This seems like the right thread to post this in. I haven’t watched it yet, but I know it will be relevant with that trio. Gonna now.

Emory’s a great source of info for deep and small-school sleepers for sure. Sort of the niche he’s carved out for himself.

I blew through the deep sleepers, but the last 2 segments of Emory’s WR rankings and How Highlights Lie were interesting.

Would you consider Troy Franklin, TJ Tampa, Dewayne Carter?

They totally lie, the only thing they’re really good for is showing you the high end clips they’re capable of (and it could be the only good plays they’ve had all year). I’ve discussed with @CuriousHusker how someone needs to put together a lowlights video as well to balance it out, but even that wouldn’t give you a great picture. You need a swathe of down-to-down plays to really get a feel for consistency. How often is he bringing those high-end plays? The low-end plays? Without knowing that it’s really no better than guesswork.

I would consider anyone at the right price.

Of those three, I’d be fine with Franklin as high as 29. He wouldn’t be my first option there, but I’d be fine with it (and pretty damn excited too).

I’m not as high on Tampa, he’s my #72 prospect, so I wouldn’t take him until our 3rd rounder. And even then, only if other guys before him haven’t fallen.

I have Carter ranked 75th, so I feel basically the same way about him. He’s a much better fit from an intangibles perspective than most guys in the class, so we’ll definitely be high on him.

DeWayne Carter is like Jalen McMillan in that teams that value the 2022 tape are likely to have them quite high.

1 Like

The intangible stuff is just so strong with him, I think it actually pushes him up the board. Coaches are gonna want to coach him.

For sure. But he was also a game wrecker in 2022. Not sure if Elko changed the scheme up a little bit.

Yeah no idea. Why would he? Maybe they got a new DC, but isn’t he basically the de facto DC?

Not sure. It just felt a bit like Newton in which there was a little more read and react on his plate this year.

Right but that was after a coaching change, which makes more sense. It looks like they are pretty diverse though, maybe it’s just some sample size regression to the mean stuff? I don’t know.

I like Logan Lee as a Cominsky replacement

Holker as Hback
Barner TE

Would like to see kicker battle

Bama Kicker vs Michigan Panthers Kicker

1 Like

I lost control of my brain after reading this.

loud noises anchor man GIF by FirstAndMonday

I really, really hope that Cominsky can be the player he has been here in the past, really was surprised by his play last year. Lee is an interesting pick if we take him, I think it would take at least a season to know exactly how you would use him.

Holker, as has been pointed out, does carry some baggage with re to his blocking. If it’s something they don’t think they could correct then I get why we could/should pass.

Kicker battle would be great, Panther kicker could play year round in the same stadium if he signs here, he’s my pick.

This post deserves to be pinned through the end of day three

4 Likes

What do you think of Samac?

Hmmm I would pass on him personally. I feel like he was a solid constant force but also so injury issues along the way and also seemed to be a bit stiff.

I would prefer the Lions take guys late who are more athletic that have higher ceilings. I feel like Samac was a solid college lineman but I am not sure he would be anything more than a backup.

As with 99% of Oline guys he is super solid, hard working, and great teammate. Just for me is a bit lacking. Find someone who is really good at something or really athletic.

I will say that for me when looking at players, I like to ask the question what are their strengths, and if they never become a starter how could they contribute. He is not a great run blocker or a great pass blocker. He is a solid everyday college player. And I am not sure his talent is high enough that he could become an everyday player in the NFL.

1 Like

He has played a ton at Center. But im not sure he is nfl bound.