Declared Underclassmen

Here’s a list of underclassmen that may be of interest to some here and the Lions. Feel free to add to the list:

Devin White LB LSU - He’s a board favorite around here and 247. To me he’s a bit of a duplication to Davis but he’s a better prospect. Not sure if he’s that big thumper that Patricia would like at MLB when we are in 3-4 but his aggressiveness and explosiveness can’t be ignored. He could be had at 8 since we are likely missing out on Q. Williams and Josh Allen.

TJ Hockenson TE Iowa - Quinn spoke about how he tried to improve the TE position last offseason but things did not work out. I’d expect that they will be targeting a TE in the draft before day 3 if a good prospect like TJ falls to them.

Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson - I’m not a big fan of his, especially not at 8. Maybe if he was there in round 2.

Deionte Thompson S Alabama - He was picking up some steam midseason as a potential first rounder but he got EXPOSED against Clemson. Some wondered if he was in play at 8, now it’s looking like he might be around on day 3. It’ll be interesting to see how he runs at the combine.

Jonah Williams OT Alabama - I hope we don’t draft another 1st round Olinemen. It’s time we either develop what we have or sign in FA. The good news is Williams could push down a defensive prospect to us.

Quinnen Williams DT Alabama - One year wonder that looked like a top 3 pick this year. In my dreams he falls to 8. Jonathan Allen fell a couple of years ago and Leonard Williams fell a couple of years before that.

Josh Jacobs RB Alabama - Many have said he’s the best all around RB on Alabama’s stacked backfield. He showed great hands, route running, toughness, and burst in the playoffs. He’d be great to pair with KJ.

Irv Smith TE Alabama - Another TE that looks promising. Round 2?

Dexter Lawrence DT Clemson - He’s probably not on our board since we got Snacks but he is likely going in round 1 or 2.

Trayvon Mullen CB Clemson - He had a great game in the championship against Alabama. Is it enough to elevate him? He’s got good size and length. Could be had on day 3.

Kyler Murray QB Oklahoma - Would the Lions dare draft him on day 3? He’s tiny but has that “it” factor. I don’t think I’d trust him to hold up in the NFL.

Byron Murphy CB Washington - LOVE Murphy’s game. 8 seems a bit too high but he’s aggressive and is a playmaker. He’d be a great fit for our D opposite Slay. Maybe in a trade down we could take him if Allen and Williams are off the board.

Amani Hooker CB/S Iowa - Utility guy that could be just like Diggs. Safety, corner, down in the box…seems like a Patricia player.

James Williams RB WSU - Good RB that is great out of the backfield. Day 3 guy that could replace Riddick in his role and save some cap space.

Julian Love CB Notre Dame - Would love to land Love in the 2nd if he we don’t go CB in the 1st.

Riley Ridley WR Georgia - We need WRs. Maybe 3rd? He’s got a great pedigree.

Marquise Brown WR Oklahoma - A true burner. We need somebody like that to add to the offense. He’s worth a 3rd if he blows the doors off of the 40.