Deion Sanders will only allow son Shedeur Sanders and Travis Hunter to play for these six NFL teams in 2025

Yeah he might pull an Eli, but man I would not want to be the team with a built in hanger on douchebag trying to put his kid above everyone else right from jumpstreet. Maybe he’ll fly into his first camp in a helocopter…

This will be interesting how it folds out…this is a pure leverage play. They don’t have a say where they play their rookie contract (unless they go undrafted) due to this little thing called the NFLPA and a CBA. Article 6 of the CBA describes this as: Annual Selection Meeting (the “College Draft” or “Draft”) .

You can not play in the NFL unless you are a member of the union, unless there is a strik of course. This agreement was struck with the good of the whole in mind, not one or two. In the past this issue was never discussed publicly before the draft let alone more than a year before the players were even eligible to be drafted so it will be interesting how the owners react.

Elway had the leverage of playing MLB, Manning had his dad and brother which for some reason mattered, I guess, and like someone already mentioned, Eli excluded one team, not 25. Huge difference. The rules are clear concerning players who don’t sign their rookie contract by certain dates and how they will be resolved, it’s not Deion’s call.

On the other hand if they are willing to stick to their guns it all depends and where they are drafted and that good old “leverage” thing again. Deion is banking on these two players being high first round picks which also could lesson their resolve to only play for those six teams because the loss of income for first round picks is exponentially more than lower round picks.

I get, he wants his kid to be given the best opportunity to succeed but he knows how the CBA works. I think, as is the norm for Deion, it’s a ton of shit talk and he loves the publicity. He probably realized nobody was talking about him for a minute so…this. It also could help recruiting, he is Deion and some family’s love it.

A couple of days those have coaches on the hot seat(Dallas, Atlanta, Philly). Maybe places Deion might want to coach!

Atlanta just hired a new coach I doubt he is on the hot seat after year one.

1 Like

This is a logical take. But a poor one. Lots of coaches not names Urban get sacked their 1st year. It is not super common but it happens…LOL. So we will see. OK looked it up. 12 coaches in the last 10ish years.

1 Like

12 first year coaches in the NFL got fired after their first year in the NFL in the last tten years?
Keep in mind who the owners are and the situations the coaches were in on their respective teams.

When you look at the Falcons from ownership to the team and the coach they brought on board it is a very good take.

I actually found it in the googles. 32 total since 1970. So it is picking up speed.

You want to laugh go look at the English Premiership. Teams will change coaches 2-3 times in a season. It is crazy. Soccer is different.

Ok, doesn’t address Falcons comment.

But doesn’t change the fact with regards to the Falcons they won’t be firing him after year one.

Oh I would agree…but it is possible but not probably.

Didn’t one of them just break his spine?

Frank Reich got fired after 10 games last year… that’s gotta be a record.

But it worked out great for Reich… check this out…

"Despite being fired, the 61-year-old Reich is owed $36 million from Carolina through 2026.

And he will make around $25,000 a day from the Panthers for the next three years"

Florio likes when players don’t go to where they’re drafted? Of course he does. It doesn’t get any douchier than Florio.