Demetrious Taylor to be suspended

The Lions clearly need to do a better job, but I just don’t believe they didn’t know you couldn’t bet on nfl games. Moore has been in the league for 5 seasons, Cephus 3 seasons. Taylor was at least a rookie. I think they just thought they wouldn’t get caught. I bet this is pretty widespread around the league.

1 Like

Yep I do.

Yes they are

I have no clue how they could not know that betting on NFL games was not allowed. It’s been illegal since the start of time, well maybe not that long ago but Karras got suspended in 1963 for it.
So yes they are stupid for either doing it or not knowing it was illegal. You can’t fix stupid.

1 Like

I’d buy this if there were a bunch of other teams that had players suspended, but there aren’t, just the Lions and the Colts and Ridley last year. Other teams are clearly doing a better job educating their players or at least scaring them straight. :person_shrugging:

Of the five players suspended for the 2023 season, 3 were Lions and one was a former Lion.

5 Likes

Yea it doesn’t look good for sure. Sheila has got to be embarrassed, or maybe she’s gambling too! :slight_smile:

I just hope this is over now.

So the average football fan knows players can’t bet on NFL games, but the players themselves don’t? and somehow this is the organizations fault?
I suspect that there was a group doing it, another words all 3 of these guys knew each other was betting on the games. Who knows they could have had a pool type thing going on.
But I would bet they all knew it was illegal.

Just blaming the Lions as not doing a good job is just deflecting the blame here, it goes on the players.
Just my opinion on it and I can respect yours that the Lions are partly to blame, just don’t agree

2 Likes

@CuriousHusker I win a 2024 draft guide from you including prospect breakdowns, mock drafts, player comps, and unlimited ability to contact you during draft season with any and all questions. Confirm?

3 Likes

Sorry Jman, but that is technically gambling and you have been suspended for the upcoming season. If you do it again you’ll be traded to the Jags.

2 Likes

:rofl: that was good man.

They don’t want no part of a michigan boy they will go for a georgia workout warrior instead.

I choose to appeal my suspension… this is worse than the time I drunkedly stumbled into the kitchen at my favorite bar in college and took a chicken sandwhich off the line and ate it. Got a year for that…but at least I got a chicken sammy :fire:

Congratulations! You win Jay-Z as your avatar.

2 Likes

I think it’s more likely that I thought it wouldn’t be enforced… That they wouldn’t get caught

2 Likes

I bet they have friends and other teams that are doing the same shit… And no one cares… And it’s league one… It’s just us to get caught/punished.

1 Like

From this point forward Demetrius will be known as “Erring Donald”.

1 Like

Sawed off got Laid off

1 Like

Yea probably/maybe . . . but still 30 teams didn’t have a single infraction. Whatever the other teams did to discourage the gambling, we need to do. We have to be better, I would think Rod Wood, Mike Disner and others would agree.

2 Likes

Most people know the rules but they still think they can get away with it or outsmart the system… they learn the hard way they can’t.

3 Likes

Dan Campbell does, he has said it publicly.

2 Likes

…or did they?
I’m guessing they did. We turned ourself in and we aren’t the big market team

1 Like

Also, brother, I think you’re absolutely right… The truth is probably in the middle on this one

Players have come forward and admitted everyone is doing it. There was an athletic article on it.

The NFL has stated they repeatedly have warned players on Gambling. It’s also brought up in rookie orientation classes.

The Lions have a rules sign posted in the locker room and it states on it that gambling is not allowed.

Players know it’s not allowed and that it’s against the rules.

4 Likes

The Lions reported themselves, and when the other teams saw Jamo get 6 games they went into blind and mute mode.

3 Likes