Denzel Mims waived, Lions keep conditional pick

I do like him not sure we need him but a third is high when was he drafted?

Wednesday an Thursday Dylan was taking reps as gunner an returner you guy has been missing this week . Everyone got excited with the TD return it was nice it doesn’t get you a spot on this roster. He likely is behind Dylan Cota an Benson Green likely number 5 I know many don’t care for Benson but he has the tools we need very fast an he looked good this week we should see a lot of him Saturday. I am not fan but never know he may just fill the need.

1 Like

He was 6th rd his 3 year stats are ok not great I would trade an 5th rd for him.
Maybe throw in a third stringer if they are interested. I am not for trading a top 100 pick for a 6th rd pick that is just ok.

Thx @DeadStroke - Tom Kennedy is so coming back soon once the injury settlement ends. 47th time is the charm.

3 Likes

Laughing you mean Tom can beat Benson? Benson is back an made couple very good plays Thursday. Tom could be back after clearing wavers , nothing has been written what’s the arm problem.

He can sign with any team or can come back , maybe he needs time to grow a new arm he is never far away keeps coming back LOL

Yeah. Too bad, would have loved to be proven wrong!

@DeadStroke so do we keep the pick if he’s on IR to start the year and then elevated later?

1 Like

If you go on IR in the preseason, you are done for the year, you are ineligible to return at any point during the season, unless you reach an injury settlement.

When Mims reaches an injury settlement with the Lions, he will be removed from IR and is free to sign with any team except the Lions for the number of weeks specified in the injury settlement. He can sign with the Lions 3 weeks after the weeks specified in the injury settlement.

I’d be shocked if there isn’t an injury settlement.

I’m sure when we waived/injured Mims, the condition was not met and no picks will be exchanged between the Lions and Jets.

3 Likes

So why not just keep him on IR for the year and we get him for free next season lol

If he wants to resign with us.

Doesn’t seem like Dan Campbell really was concerned about him on the roster though either way…

ANTOINE GREEN time to shine baby

His contract expires after 2023, so he will be an UFA.

Gotcha. So it’s merely procedural. I now realized you already covered this. My apologies. Your patience is appreciated.

1 Like

Mims signed to Steelers PS…

I don’t see us paying crazy @$$ money for a top WR either BUT right now we are labeling TE’s and RB’s as included WR’s --when their responsibility is to catch , run, or block , and Marvin Jones is just there and has been useless so far --face it our “WR” group needs help… weather out staff adds a WR or not…I have no idea. …say it’s a maybe/possibility? without backing up the Brinks truck for it.

We are adding a WR this week…
a first round pick from the 2022 draft. :wink:

4 Likes

wow what are we giving up for chris olave?

believe it when i see it

1 Like

here you go…. in practice for the first time this season…
:wink:

2 Likes

nice try * that dog won’t hunt.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.