Denzel Mims waived, Lions keep conditional pick

I think there’s more to the story than just that Mims was injured and would miss time where he could get in synch with the QBs. There was something in Dan’s tone at his presser that suggested to me there were reasons–probably culture fit/personal behavior–that made them pull the trigger on Mims. Was it just a courtesy to Mims, so that he might catch on with another team? Such a heady start to training camp and such a quick sour end. Hmmm…

5 Likes

Waived injured means he can’t come back to then NFL until after the time designated in his injury settlement. A team could claim him right now as injured, keep him on the 90 man roster until he heals, but I’d be surprised.

More than likely we found out that Mims was the same guy that the Jets got rid of.

5 Likes

Despite the above reference …

1 Like

According to a PFT article:

“Assuming he goes unclaimed, he will revert to the Lions’ injured reserve list until he’s released with an injury settlement that will allow him to try to continue his NFL career with another team.”

So, in theory, the Lions could keep him on IR until he’s healthy and save a roster spot?

If they don’t reach an injury settlement, he has to remain on IR for the entire season.

They will waive him once they reach an injury settlement.

3 Likes

Maybe a low end 2 at this point but he isn’t scaring anyone anymore.

And people that says we’re fine wasn’t paying attention, I seen a very inconsistent offense alot. When swift and Chark were in there the offense went to a whole new level. Swift always made a difference when he was on the field the offense always went up a notch. And when Chark and Goff got on same page at end of year the offense went up another notch and we were a team nobody wanted to play. This theme we are so good you can just plug anyone in and be ok is far fetched, them others guys were somes reason for why Jared struggled in the beginning . To much koolaid around here.

6 Likes

Do you serve Kool-Aide at your establishment?

Tons of it. Lol I partake in it even sometimes since I don’t drink the hard stuff.

I do have a lot of people there drinking the blue coming in, I try to slow them down and say we still have to play the games.

3 Likes

This is why the league we’ll never have guaranteed contracts. Too many injuries. I’ve seen more players cut with injury settlement this year than any other year

1 Like

I think half of them that sign right now are faking injuries to get some cash. It seems like a lot of the guys that we sign during camp are on the roster one week and then are done with an injury.

1 Like

Crowder is interesting, but if he can’t make that Giants squad then it probably means he doesn’t have a whole lot left in the tank. Maybe a trade for Dyami Brown whose been stuck behind receivers for whatever reason.

Doubt its Alexander I think Green an Cota or Dylan He really has not done anything except return a punt. They have people who do that an do more other places on STs an even at Position,

I brought up that a couple weeks ago. I’d LOVE that. Big fan and he’s a perfect fit. Don’t know that the Redskins would shop him prior to finding out if his magic with Howell didn’t carry over. Samuel is always injured and has a ton of versatility so WR4
seems pretty important for him.

Btw, to be a fly on the wall for the initial Amon-Ra/Dyami conversations :laughing:

Agree Green is WR5, Marvin’s understudy.

Not sure who WR6 is even if we keep 6.

But Campbell has been mentioning ST quite a bit lately…Alexander seems legit ST player

I would say Marvin is just a #3. We have a #1, #3, and a couple 4s. We are definitely thin there without Jamo but unlike half the group, I think he’s going to change the offense a lot.

I’m definitely for adding a WR at all believe me. I probably think less of Reynolds and Raymond than most. Although I like them both as bottom of the roster WRs.

1 Like

I think Kalif has developed into a #3 albeit an untraditional one. He’s a really tough cover.

2 Likes

I LOVE the idea of Donovan Peoples-Jones. He has speed, can play outside and is honestly a good wr. Our offensive line is great, we have solid rbs and a great wr. Our front 7 will be good and so will our secondary. Let’s trade a 3rd round pick for him! The WR position is by far our weakest position but Peoples-Jones would change that IMO.

1 Like

yeah im kinda with you

its why i was big on WR early in the draft for 2023

Still viewed it as a big need for the team

Gibbs and Laporta do help, but i feel like we need a consitent #2/Outside WR, and i feel, personally, we may have to trade for one if we want that.

1 Like

Prolly one of my big trade targets, but i think we have to wait till later in the season, depends on the Browns situation

Would be solid #2, excellent 3 imo

If I argue it I look kind of foolish right now with what he’s done.

All I know is I would not be happy if Kalif was my teams #3 and starting slot. I’m aware of his separation statistics and numbers. But I’m not buying that he’s more than a really good depth WR. He does constantly answer the bell when called upon though. More than happy he’s on the team for the foreseeable future.