Derick Henry - Once in a Lifetime Player

I just beat a team with those 3 players…by 50 points.

I swear, this guy heals from injuries like Wolverine.

2 Likes

Weird coincidence. I won by 50. Chubb was out, but with Hunt going down for 6+ weeks, he’s going to be a hog in the coming weeks.

Earl Campbell was a very similar player.

1 Like

It was crazy to see a guy do big split the two defenders and pulling away on his 72 yarder

1 Like

giphy-4

5 Likes

I’m going with Wilt Chamberlain on best pure athlete of all time, but he was before my time. So I might agree here! I think people would be amazed at how athletic Wilt Chamberlain was. He could have played in the NBA in his 50s.

1 Like

I don’t watch the Titans much, and I always have this mental mindset of Henry being a big, slow bruiser because his stiff arms make highlights… but then when I do see him run, like on that 76 yd TD, all I can think about is how fast he is… he looks too big to be that fast, like a college player competing against a bunch of high schoolers.

2 Likes

I still remember the 99 yard run… Jags players looking scared to get close to him.

7 Likes

I love that his, and Titans’, mentality is, “I’m going to run it. And run it. And run it. Sometimes you will stop me; sometimes you won’t. Then, in the 4th quarter when your ass is dragging, I’m going to destroy you.”

It’s perfect for January football.

2 Likes

Henry only has 2.3333 seasons of elite production but I don’t think anyone has ever been as productive as he has the last 22 games.

His line isn’t even that great

2 Likes

Unsettling is the perfect term for it.

His long runs look like they are breaking natural law.

3 Likes

I agree with this, and all of those dudes were SO different from each other too. Hated that AP was a viking.

Jack Fox is laughing at you, right now.

Football Smile GIF by Detroit Lions

So true. I thought he would be a shadow of himself. Holy shit was I wrong.

I love it too, bro

2 Likes
1 Like

Henry has a shot today at being the 1st player in NFL history to rush for 1000 yards in only 7 games. A few guys have done it in 8 games, including Barry in 1994.

Henry needs 217 yards to hit 1000. Sounds tough but the Chiefs Defense is terrible. He just might do it.

Now he’s throwing TD’s! Unreal talent.

1 Like

Hilarious - good coaching too. Truthfully, who saw that coming?

1 Like

That’s what we gotta do with Fox!

1 Like

Exactly. Fake punt from inside our own 20. Fox throws it on a rope 70 yards in The air.

2 Likes

To himself!

2 Likes