DeShawn Hand Released…

Man, so much hype for this guy. Crazy we released him and got literally nothing for a guy his age and talent (injury issues aside).

His time remembered in a gif…

cast GIF

9 Likes

I get why we released him, especially with us likely not bringing him back as a FA, but it is going to sting if he finally stays healthy and makes some noise with a playoff contender. He looked like an absolute homerun pick his rookie year.

2 Likes

Yeah he’s been pretty nonexistent over the last couple of years. Not surprised by this. Figured it would happen in the off-season though.

2 Likes

Outside of his rookie season he’s brought nothing to the organization. Potential only keeps you around for so long. Good luck to the kid but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s out of the league in a year or so.

2 Likes

Still waiting for Bryant to break down again. Think they are of the same mold.

With him the injuries issues ARE the issue and you cannot “put that aside.” Injured talent does not help you. Maybe Ziggy is available… you down?

#noturds.

3 Likes

There’s got to be a role somewhere in the league for this guy.

Are you telling me that in the entire NFL there isn’t one Hand job to be had?

Also, I’m curious if this was a full release for Hand’s job.

5 Likes

Doesn’t surprise me. Thought we struck gold with him after rookie season but just can’t stay on the field.

Well apparently his hands on on IR all the time, so any hand job will either need to wait or his hand job services will be retired.

I’ll bet he gets signed by New England and magically becomes healthy. We’ll see,

2 Likes

Best ability is availability. I think his elbow shot. Good move by the Lions

1 Like

At 26 years old, he will get another shot, but I get why the Lions moved on—he’s been the walking wounded for 3 years straight.

1 Like

Sometimes the Hand just isn’t enough to get you where you need to be…

Finally.

I like that they move on, and aren’t passive about anything.
Think of the players we’ve moved on from…and the OC. No wasting time with ppl who don’t fit.

3 Likes

who is that GIF

He wasn’t Master of his Domain.

3 Likes

This guy never would have been on IR that long.

4 Likes