Desmond Ridder got a raw deal in Atlanta

Contrary to popular belief, I don’t believe that Desmond Ritter was a bad quarterback, so he was a second year quarterback, who really got a raw deal. It really wasn’t his fault. He was brought in basically to eventually be the starting quarterback, but it takes some quarterbacks a little bit of time to get acclimated towards the speed of the NFL. I mean, just look at somebody like Drew Brees.

It wasn’t until his fourth year in the NFL that Drew Brees began to look like he was going to actually be a good quarterback, but to be honest, San Diego had pretty much moved on from him by drafting Philip Rivers and then he got the injury and they basically let him become a free agent, and the Saints took a chance on him, and it worked out for the Saints so like I said, I think that in time Desmond Ridder could be a very successful quarterback in the NFL.

He just needs to get acclimated to the speed of the game and like I said it sometimes takes some quarterbacks a little bit of time. And unfortunately he had a coach in Arthur Smith that really didn’t have a lot of time to develop a young quarterback. He needed to win right away because his first year he had a losing season with an aging Matt Ryan, who really didn’t have any weapons to throw to and then he picked up Marcus Mariota his second year, and his third year when he decided to go with Desmond Ritter, he was really in a position where he had to win right away to save his job, and like I said, it was gonna take some time for somebody like Ridder just coming into the NFL to get adjusted to the speed of the game and unfortunately that just did not happen as quickly as most fans would have liked…

so I think it’s probably best that he’s gone to Arizona and hopefully he has much more success there than he had here.

3 Likes

holy crap…Fix that damn wall of text with at least one paragraph break…

Agreed on Ridder though, The Falcons had a lot of inexperience at most of the skill positions the last couple seasons. I don’t think he is damaged goods yet at least and will prob have a chance to start in Arizona unless Murray can somehow stay healthy.

LOL NFL stands for Not For Long

This is an unforgiving league and all he had to do was win with the opportunity he got. Same as everyone.

He got an opportunity which is more than many get who did just as much as he had done to earn one.

He was lucky to get so many snaps

Barring an injury to Kyler Murray, Ridder’s not likely to see the field.

I really hate when people worry about things like that. It was one of his longest posts I have ever seen. This isn’t grammar school, it’s a football forum.

2 Likes

Atlanta had a good offensive line, weapons in the receiver room, and a good running game. I feel like it was a very good situation where a young QB had the opportunity to shine.

Ridder didn’t.

4 Likes

Justin Fields got way more of a raw deal than Ridder. Bryce Young next up there…Thielen and Chark? Mingo? Corners were velcro’d to them all season

Dionte Johnson is a start, but its gonna be another sketch year there, and then do you hear the drums beat for a QB in the top 3 in 25?

Young isn’t Josh Rosen, but new GM may want his own guy, though they should trade it and load up…though thats how they got in this mess, so idk

1 Like

He got more of a chance than most QB’s taken in the 3rd. A change of scenery and a chance to learn from the bench isn’t the worst thing that could happen to him.What’s funny is that DraftBuzz had him as the #3 QB in the draft, and had Brock Purdy as #6, ahead of Zappe and Willis.

1 Like

Adam Sandler Yes GIF

Exactly. Drew Henson comes to mind. I remember him getting his only start with Dallas. He was named the starter on a short week, I believe it may have been a thanksgiving game, they played him the first half then pulled him. He never got another start in the league. That’s how it goes sometimes.