Details emerge on rocky relationship between Jared Goff, Sean McVay

Well sir I can’t help what you don’t know or refuse to acknowledge, but suffice it to say the Rams upgraded at QB. Which is common knowledge

I think we all are

That is the great thing about your position. Regardless of the facts, all you have to say is “it’s everybody else’s fault.”
If Stafford played for the Bears and had the results he has had, most posters on here would think he sucked, a la Jay Cutler.

Goff had screws put in his thumb, played in a playoff game, and won it.

I won’t take anything away from Stafford’s signature moment as a Lion (shame it came in his rookie season, in a 12-year career here). But it was a regular season game between two bad teams.

Does Stafford get to take, “But he took over a winless team!” with him to the Rams?

Cutler won a playoff game :upside_down_face:

Hardly, did Dilfer win or the team and coaching staff? Grossman or team and coaching staff?

You can’t seem to wrap your head around the garbage D’s, pathetic run games, that in the 3 playoff games, he faced Bree’s, Wilson, and Romo all good or HOF QBs, all of which had a better team, all on the road, yet had a win stolen by a screw job bad enough POTUS even chimed in.

It’s hilarious that you can scream about how horrific Quintricia was, the talent on the team and then turn around and blame Stafford. Then talk about Goff as a good QB, when the overwhelming majority believe Stafford is the better QB and made the Rams a favorite to reach the SB

I see QB that took some terrible teams to more wins than they ever should have had. A QB forced to eat clock and play conservative in an effort to keep games close and win at the end. That fact talked about by Caldwell and later Patricia did the same thing. Of course you can have whatever opinion you want. Just don’t expect me to put any stock in it

Make no mistake, I’m hoping for the best for Goff, but I’m not putting Stafford down to make Goff look good.

Did the POTUS mention that our QB was 10-16 for 126 yards, 0 TD’s, 1 interception, and 2 fumbles in the second half of that game?

Didn’t need to, we watched the game, like he did, we saw us with the lead and driving for another score that would pretty much ice it, we then saw the multiple screw jobs, oh and then of course the refs ride in Jerry’s bus. So we saw what POTUS saw, pretty simple

I don’t remember the exact line of questioning at Goff’s introductory press conference, but I do remember his instant response when someone alluded to Stafford’s toughness. While acknowledging Stafford, he didn’t cede any ground in that regard.

And what Wes said.

Hope he don’t make Stafford cry and Stafford run away or Stafford retire middle of the season. Mcvay can play quarterback he know his system well

Wrong QB,

So, we hadn’t scored a TD in almost 47 minutes but we were going to score one on that drive?..or were we just going to just kick another FG?

LOL, seriously? It’s comical, we’re driving, just got a 1st, eating clock with a chance to ice the game. Then the screw job

Funnier yet, how many QBs had much worse games and won? Yet with Stafford it’s his fault Not an Olineman missing a block not a screw job even called out by POTUS, not a pathetic run game, not conservative play calling by the conservative HC.

A screw job called out not only by POTUS but ESPN, NFL network and such, but Stafford had a bad half, with conservative play calling. Just forget he got us the lead with a more aggressive approach, never mind he was winning the game, never mind he was driving with a 1st at the 35, nevermind the screw job, it’s his fault.

No, I get it. There are QB’s and offenses that don’t perform and need a defense or special teams to help them win the game. But how many teams win only scoring 20 points with a 3:1 turnover ratio?

1 Like

I get that as well. Though it happens, Brady this yr or Rodgers forget which. Also without the refs is it 23 or 27 pts. That’s a big deal, game changer

Remember our great D, though minus Fairley, Tully, and Levy gave up the go ahead drive didn’t get the stop. They get it we win. To be fair, the refs didn’t seem to think holding was a big deal on that drive either.

My biggest point is this, in his entire time here. You essentially can throw out 6 yrs due to injury and Quintricia. Of those other 6, 3 playoff appearances. Of those 3, 14 was the best team he had, his 1 legit shot. ( He had no shot vs Seattle or The Saints) Banged up D, no run game, refs totally screw him. On the road in Dallas vs a very good 12-4 Dallas team led by Romo. I still think to this day, we beat either Seattle or Green Bay. We matched up very well with Seattle. At any rate in his time here he had 1 legit chance to win. He didn’t, and it wasn’t just a bad half by him, it took the D to let down and the refs to cost him.

You put Goff on the teams he had, the coaches he had, and Goff wins nothing. You put Stafford o

n those Goff teams, he’s got multiple playoff wins and probably a SB title.

The team matters as much as the coaching, the play calling, game planning. Stafford has never been in a situation as good as Goff was. Staffords best team was dismantled upon conclusion of the 14 season. Then it was get a lead sit on it, try and keep it close and let Matt pull off a miracle, by design.

I’m not and never have said Goff isn’t a good QB. He is, but very few QBs become good in bad situations Stafford and Archie Manning are the only 2 I can come up with off the top of my head. Manning was a very good QB on a horrible aints team for his career. I’m very hopeful we put the pieces around Goff and he balls out for us. However that’ll never change that this organization completely failed Stafford. Worse than GB has failed Rodgers.

And the rest of the team is on the downgrade… let’s see how that goes

That’s true as well. LOL, I do think he may have been further ahead to ride it out with MC/DC. They really have a different feel to them. Im trying to stay guarded, but I really do have a different feel for once

Oh Jesus, sorry snags didn’t realize I wrote a book, my bad, my friend.

Hey friends… in the next few years this will all shake itself out in real time. Let’s all just enjoy the scenes, see what happens and slap each other on the back after the lions win the SB before the Rams do.