Detroit Lions believe Sean Payton will have extra motivation to ‘embarrass’ them

Don’t even give it a second thought. Just play mistake free football and win the game. And if we score a touchdown first, for God’s sake please make the extra point!

1 Like

Goes both ways.
Hope we get our Oline healthy.

Hopefully he is good at hanging 50 as Day is at hanging 100 in Michigan. 3 years later and almost getting to 75.

1 Like

I have zero belief that Sean Payton is actively going to try to embarrass the Lions. That seems like such clickbait stuff.

But I do expect to see a very well-prepared Bronco team on Saturday night. Payton is a good coach with a solid track record. No way he shows up half-assed.

1 Like

It’s not “extra” motivation. It’s Payton’s intent each game.

1 Like

If anyone would know it’s Dan. Gotta give Payton credit for how he’s turned that team around. Some how I’ve watched them play quite a few games. Sutton has made some amazing catches.

1 Like

In Drew Brees led Saints years I would agree. But all of Denver’s success this year has been due to moderation and risk aversion. They’re not going to suddenly put their foot on the gas.

Different circumstances, right? Wilson, not being risk-averse and possessing the reputation as one of the league’s best deep-ball QB’s. Sometimes the HC has to reign in the QB to be more patient, a la Caldwell/Stafford 2014.

A gun-slinger sometimes needs a tug on the bridle.
A patient, efficient QB sometimes needs a spur.

No matter the case, the bigger point here is that we can do more to soften the defense, even if it’s over-throwing Jamo on purpose.

“I know that Sean’s probably trying to come here and put 50 up on us,” Anzalone said.

Well duh, probably could if the D doesn’t get their collective heads out of their asses.

Payton definitely loves to embarrass other teams. I know of no other pro coach that loves to pour it on more and DC knows that intimately as well.

If the Broncos outsmart the Lions on both sides of the ball, this is where we will see from and Xs and Os perspective that Glenn and Campbell are but the students and Payton is the master.

Dan Campbell has done an amazing job turning around this program, but Payton and Reid have always been the best innovators and can take a team to the next level.

BTW, there is a lot of historical rumor that Payton wanted Goff in New Orleans to succeed Brees. Felt he could win with him in his system and Campbell knew this as well.

New Orleans was in cap hell and in no position to trade for him.

Hell they’ve watched the Lions pretty much beat themselves the last few weeks.

Their offensive game plan is going to be vanilla as hell.

If I was playing the Lions I’d throw it all the CB2 over and over and take my chances with getting a turnover

Totally agree in general. Just not sure that in Chicago in December with Goff as our QB that approach is prudent.

Our margin for error was small on Sunday. The Bears matchup very well with us. They are playing well and we had not been. We have a QB who struggles in those conditions whereas one of their QBs for most strengths passing the ball is the velocity to mitigate those conditions.

But why I’m so frustrated is that for 43 minutes we were threading that needle. And then we puked on ourselves so badly in 1:40 that all was lost.

1 Like

The problem with that is every time I watch the Broncos the Russ-Jeudy chemistry seems spotty.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.