Detroit Lions coach Dan Campbell apologizes for anti-gay remark

Couldn’t believe Carlos posted this

Carlos is a shithead.

4 Likes

Well, better than Pratricia’s rape allegations after he got hired.

If you are a sports columnist why not stick with sports? Don’t try to dig up 20 year old controversies. Very pathetic by Carlos.

1 Like

and a drama queen

1 Like

Agreed. I am sure many on here made comments that we wish we could take back and that are now viewed as offensive.

What this whole woke culture fails to consider is the time period these comments were made, was this dumb…yup, should it be held against him in relation to the state of the world as it exists now…nope.

We need to stop worrying about being offended and just learn to let sleeping dogs lie! This is a non story to me and am sure Dan has grown (emotionally and intellectually) since then…so what does this accomplish!

2 Likes

I bet Monarrez went and carefully scoured his past social media postings before this story.

Remembering what happened to the other Free Press sportswriter who went this route.

Rocks and glass houses and all that.

2 Likes

Glad nobody has a record of the stupid shit I said as a college kid.

8 Likes

Really? It’s exactly the type of thing he would post/bring up in the Presser. He’s garbage, but DC handled it well I thought.

3 Likes

Just lock this thread. It’s a waste of time, just like anything Carlos writes.

1 Like

Yeah, having no social media back then was most certainly a blessing!

4 Likes

Who was the other free press reporter? I forget now, please refresh my memory

Asked, answered in a positive apologetic learned from manner and we move on.

2 Likes

NevilleTheCat on Twitter: “https://t.co/mzmShpvMPB” / Twitter

1 Like

Ahhhh right on I did not see that before. Wow, what a jerk and moron…

Thanks for the quick answer dude!

me also----

1 Like

There was something on YouTube about one of the folks to bring this back to light. The guy that did has volumes of things he has said that are way worse. Seemingly completely unapologetic himself. But wants to crucify Campbell.

Gotta love today’s culture. Not.

3 Likes

There is power in being a victim, today. We all did stupid shit, when we were 22. Thank God there weren’t people recording everything I did, when I was that age. I’m not bypassing the truth here, only pointing out that people change. Watch Cullen go kick as as a DC and not have one moment getting caught naked in public. :wink:

so many people want to cry about something, and they are preventing themselves and others from stepping into their power and owning themselves. People literally try to tear down leaders because of their own insecurities.

6 Likes
2 Likes

I hear that Rob Parker admires him…

1 Like

I can’t even imagine what I’d have done with a cell phone camera in college.

lol.

2 Likes