Detroit Lions' Darrell Bevell says running game just needs that 'last little piece'

Thought this article was interesting. Darrell Bevell says we have one last piece that we need to get the run game going. What/who do you think that is?
Says in the article: “What I really feel like is that we’re just one guy away,” he said

Nice…

The Chiefs rank 27th against the run at 137.7 ypg allowed,

1 Like

Now, I read it differently.

I feel he is saying someone is not preforming thier assignment right. 10 of 11 doing it right… vs all of them executing correctly

2 Likes

Basically all 11 guys need to do their job. It’s not just one person.

1 Like

That’s how I read it too.

Matt Patricia has coached in six Super Bowls and 10 AFC championship games, so he has a different perspective when it comes to “big” games.

This is exciting to me. Patricia doesn’t give a crap about KC. He tries to win all games, and will always provide his best effort. I’m not predicting a win, but this cat we have running the show probably would. LOL.

3 Likes

Patricia talked about it a little today, too. He made it sound like they needed that one guy to step up and make a play (in the moment). As if that guy is on the field, he just needs to have the presence of mind to do it.

1 Like

Yeah you are right. Sorry, quickly skimmed through it and have had a few adult beverages. I agree, execute execute, execute. We need everyone to be perfect on those plays to take it the distance!

1 Like

Bawden?

1 Like

Sounded like who ever happened to be in a position to block when needed. That’s what I got out of it.
Heck, Stafford threw a key block in the Eagles game and wound up blocking 3 guys just long enough to spring the RB… can’t remember which one?
It occurs to me that doing something like that with Thomas behind center would be a total mind ffff on a defense. You can only do it once, but, at a crucial moment in a key game, like this week? Why not?

1 Like

Eagles only had 10 men on the field for that play. They were missing the right end lol! Stafford’s job was to block him but no one was there so he tried to get in the others way.

1 Like

It was on the McKissic run i think.

1 Like

Yes! Props to Matt for the all out effort!

that’s what i got out of it as well. i don’t think he was talking about a single person. i think he was saying that on x,y,z play there’s always one last thing that needs to be cleaned up. that’s often how it is.

i’ll add that for the last couple of years including this one, lion receivers seem to be ready and willing blockers downfield when i’ve cared to notice which i totally appreciate.

1 Like

I thought so, but, couldn’t remember for sure.

That is exactly what he is saying. Every play they have one “Ebron” happening and they got to fix that

1 Like