Detroit Lions interested in Chris Harris

1 Like

I was reading this earlier. It looks like the Broncos traded for Bouye too. I hope the Lions go after this guy.

1 Like

I suppose I would be a little concerned about the price tag, wasn’t it rumored he turned down a 15 million a year deal from Denver? Yup, found it. in my dream world I would love to have Harris, Slay and draft Okudah. We could have a special unit for a year or two and then turn it over to Okudah and Amani. But like I said my dream world.

3 Likes

I don’t know why folks assume it’s EITHER Slay or a short term vet like Harris. Sign Harris and let Slay play on his contract then add a guy to the mix in the draft outside of the top 5 pick. Remember, this is not a continue to stay the course year for this staff. It’s make or break so creating holes probably isn’t the plan. Filling them for 2020 is.

3 Likes

If they don’t extend or trade Slay, I fully expect him to pull some $hit this year (sitting out games with mystery injuries). I really think the lions are playing with fire if they don’t do one or the other.

I previously said I expected Slay to sit the year out, but a plethora of posters helped change my mind on that, and I realized I was wrong.

2 Likes

He’s going to come down with AJ Greenitis.

1 Like

I say, then let him sit, he’ll have to report to the team by a certain point or not get a salary for the year. If all we can get is a 2nd rounder for him, might as well wait and hope he plays and get a 3rd round comp pick when he hits FA.

Harris is a slot only corner.

He played outside last year and was not good.

He doesn’t really fit here since Coleman should be playing inside as well. Byron Jones makes more sense as an outside guy to replace Slay, but he doesn’t get any interceptions which is unacceptable for a high cost CB.

1 Like

Damn! You’re granmama aren’t you?! Now it makes sense why I respect your opinion so much. Didn’t realize it was you brutha!

1 Like

We tried to trade for Harris last year so I expected we would target him this year. He’s good at press coverage and clearly we think he is a fit.

Personally I don’t think it happens.

1 Like

He is older than Slay an we have Slay signed now an could tag him at least for 2021. Team holds the cards an if he pulls BS an doesn’t play hard in 2020 we don’t tag him an he hurts his FA value.

I like idea of keeping him an his cost for 2020 has already been added to are 2020 Cap.

We can afford to even improve depth with some of FA available an looks like we might draft a CB with rd one pick. I prefer to keep what we know if his play has not dropped off a lot.

1 Like