Detroit Lions Schedule OUT 5/15! (Matrix)

The league wants to put what they consider one of our best opponents on that day, even if it means throwing the same opponent at us twice in a row. We have recently played the Vikings and Bears in back to back years.

As I sit here and think about it, it would be a tremendous disadvantage for the Rams to have to travel to Detroit on a short week for an early kickoff. I bet they avoid it.

I predict Tennessee

Florio is reporting that the schedule is going to be next week. Something about the media market is better next week bla bla bla. And NFL teams are allowed to tease 1 or 2 games a leading up to the release and theres been nothing. validates his point.

Also he said soon it might be a week long release

That Rams game has Sunday or Monday night written all over it. T-day gets ratings no matter who the opponent. I’d bet Jax on T-day.

1 Like

Holy cow that is a thing of beauty!

1 Like

It sure is. It goes on and on. I learned we are 19-6 all time vs the Browns from this sheet. We need to play them more!

Love the insights…

So based on the Tigers schedule, it looks like everything is in play opening weekend- Sunday or Monday at home. A Sunday game week 2 would be messy in Detroit (Tigers have a 1:40 game) unless it were SNF.

I think a lot are wondering if we open in San Fran. Sure wish we got them in Detroit.

Also, does anyone know why we are playing Dallas IN Dallas for the 3rd straight year (and Seattle at home for the 3rd straight)? Would love to have the Cowboys in Detroit.

In 2025 Dallas will be at Detroit.

1 Like

So Lions go to Dallas this year? Fine by me. Beat them there last year.

Because its a set rotating Schedule
We just happen to finish in the same position in the division as Seattle and Dallas those years.

You can play a team from the same conference every single year. Just switching whose at home every 3 years

2 Likes

That is the most amazing spreadsheet I have ever seen.

1 Like

Which one?
My schedule matrix for this year

Future opponents

Or NFL schedule leaks?

Thank you either way

2 Likes

Not to be THAT guy, but it’s alright…but it doesn’t really begin to touch the functionality of what you can do with spreadsheets.

One day I’ll get around to finishing this.

2 Likes

The list of opponents looks good to me. I’m so sick of the Seahawks though. If this team is healthy, I’m predicting a 13 win season. Wouldn’t doubt it if they did better.

I wish they were playing the Cowboys. Even tho we always get robbed, it’s an exciting game to watch and I want this team to get revenge.

If the NFL is still pushing for this Goff vs Stafford narrative then I expect that to be the thanksgiving game at Ford field.

2 Likes

Things like this are why I visit this board. Tremendous insight.

1 Like

We are playing the Cowboys in Dallas this year.

Everything about it lines up. Stafford could have his Joey Harrington moment. :joy:

The only thing I can’t shake is how the NFL has avoided putting the Rams on Thanksgiving. They would have a serious disadvantage coming from LA to Detroit on a short week with an early kickoff. If the Rams are the matchup, I could see the NFL putting us on the road the Sunday before the game.

gonna be tough for the Lions to top the 2023 AI video.

It was so clever!

1 Like

I am kinda surprised the Rams haven’t had a TDAY game at all before this year, with detroit, Dallas or the 3rd game period.

This is the reason for the delay.

1 Like

More money for all!!!
Well except for NFL fans.