Detroit Lions Schedule OUT 5/15! (Matrix)

As the rumors start coming in it will be updated.

But so far nothing is for sure known. Only things that we know so far

• Thanksgiving LIKELY an AFC team. (BUF/JAX/TEN)
  • And no home game for preseason on 8/10/24 because of a concert at ford field.
  • NO INTERNATIONAL GAMES! Jacksonville vs Chicago week 6 Houston vs Minnesota Week 7.

Other than that. Everything is wide open.

2 Likes

Where did you see the Thanksgiving game is against AFC?

Its been alternating with Detroit and Dallas, FOX NFC and CBS AFC. Sine the latest CBA. I imagine thats the case this year.

3 Likes

Probably Buffalo then

1 Like

I can’t imagine we play Buffalo on Thanksgiving twice in three years…but anything is possible.

I just looked and last year no AFC team played on Thanksgiving. So I’m not sure this theory holds water

Correction. The NFL CAN flex it to an ALL NFC matchup which they have done 4x. So LIKELY AFC. But still could be NFC. Will correct

Another tidbit…

We discovered last year that for the first four weeks while MLB games are still scheduled, the Tigers and Lions alternated who was at home any given weekend. If that trend continues, we (the Lions) will start the season like this…

Week 1: Home
Week 2: Away
Week 3: Home
Week 4: Away

5 Likes

Thats definitely a more recent trend because i remember lots of times both games on the same day. but ill look to see how far back it goes. If its a trend the last 3+ years then yes thats definitely something they do on purpose

1 Like

It’s very hard for me to see them putting us against Buffalo again on TG so recently. But who knows. I see a storyline there too.

1 Like

Texans will be one of the teams playing on Thanksgiving day. What’s the better game; vs Dallas or Detroit?

They had a strong 2023 year, Stroud at QB and some excellent additions, will be another team that gets a lot of prime time/national games.

2 Likes

I’d bet everything I have it will be the Rams on Thanksgiving. The whole Goff-Stafford-Rams-Lions thing again, plus playoff rematch juice, plus Stafford being the all time passing leader on Thanksgiving … it just makes too much sense.

5 Likes

The game is in houston vs Detroit so it wont be that.

I could see Jacksonville on thanksgiving.
Young rising teams.
And Odds are goff would have an extension by then and so could Lawrence

Good catch, so Dallas or the third Thanksgiving game then…

For CBS thanksgiving. Only 4 games have ever been swapped.

2023 Dallas vs Washington. other Options were the Jets, and Patriots. Both with under 7 wins projected into the 2023 season.

2018 Dallas vs Washington .other options were Jacksonville or Tennessee with Blake Bortals and Mariota at QB.

2015 Dallas vs Carolina. Jets with Fitzmagic and defending SB champs NE.
They dont want to make it to hard so NE out.
And the jets are the jets.

2013 Detroit vs Chicago.
Rookie QB bills.
And Tanihills Dolphis.

Not great options there. Hence the changes.
Bills and Jags are both great options.
Both are playoff teams but neither are favored to win their division.
Not terribly tough.

Tennessee is definitely out. They are tanking for QB1 this year

I’d rather a fun NEWISH opponent then a division rival. Titans would be blah. Jax would be interesting i guess…would prefer Bills.

3 Likes

In 2022 that wasnt the case.
9/18/22
Lions vs Washington
Tigers vs WhiteSocks

Both at home.

Im sure the NFL TRIES to space out the games like that for cities with baseball teams. But no promises. When most NFL teams have a baseball team close by.

1 Like

Update no International games!
Rumor is
Jacksonville back to back london.
2nd game vs Chicago

Fallowing week Houston Vs Minnesota

My biggest fear is that we open the season on MNF… gives us a short week going into week 2!

2 Likes

Home games

Minny
Chicago
GB
Jax
Buf
Tenn
LAR
TB
Sea

Road Games

Minny
Chicago
GB
Hou
Dallas
SF
Zona
Indy

• let’s start with the obvious…

-we only have two possible cold or nasty outdoor games all year

• we have more home than road

• we play Caleb x 2, Darnold/JJ x 2, Levis, AR15, and Baker…. That’s 7 games against QBs I expect will be sub 90 rated this year.

• I think Seattle is Thanksgiving

• Rams and Packers will be SNF games

• Bills MNF

4 Likes