Detroit Lions taking it slow with big, developing rookie defensive tackle

3 Likes

Getting ol’ big boy ready for playoffs

2 Likes

This is a great example of how to build quality depth. Draft the athletic big body talent, teach him the game and position. By year 2, we have a good to great IDL that looks like he came out of nowhere.
Same can be said for Sorsdal and a couple of our PS players.
Looking ahead, Hooker should have a lot of preseason play time in 24, if he lives up to the preinjury hype, we have a great backup on the cheap or a great draft pick trade.
I love how this team looks at players for both today and tomorrow.

2 Likes

Yup - 100% to all of it.

Building for the future…but kicking ass now

2 Likes

No need to rush him. Big Benito doing a decent job at Nose tackle eating blocks and freeing up linebackers.

3 Likes

:100: We have the player we need for today, but drafted a better replacement for the future.

2 Likes

batman arkham knight GIF

1 Like

The Lions also have a more experienced alternative sitting on the P.S.:

2 Likes

The Lions offensive line let the coaching staff know when it was time to get Houston on the field last year. I remember Decker saying something about it last year.

When Ragnow tells the staff that he’s having a hard time dealing with Martin, that’s when he’ll make his NFL debut.

2 Likes

AG was talking about BroMart improving by facing the Lions starting Oline every week in practice in his presser today.

1 Like

OK, I’m laughing because that looks like a mug shot. There was a brother I knew in Des Moines that before he owned his own stripper bar used to frequent them with his harem and accessories. I hadn’t seen him for a while and asked him where he’d been and he said, “jail”. I said, “The ■■■■ you say, I know for a fact those ■■■■■■■ know better than to touch you.” He said, “No man, for real, I needed to do some collecting and they can’t run when they’re in lockup.” I laughed my ass off and said I’d love to see that mug shot. He said, “There isn’t one.” I said, “Oh”.

And, making sure he’s hungry when he gets there.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.