Detroit Tigers

I’ll trade you weather. It’s 97 here in Arizona today.

This tigers team may not be heavy on superstars but they’re sure going to be fun to watch. They have a ton of grinders on this roster. Sometimes that’s better than superstars. These guys won’t wow you with stats but they’ll do whatever it takes to win.

He wasn’t on today that’s for sure. Give him credit though for battling and at least getting through 4. That’s one of the better lineups in the league. I’ll bet he pitches better when it isn’t 40 degrees.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m not giving up on him yet. I still think he’ll be good.

1 Like

That was a lot of fun and quite the party down there walking around Comerica. Beautiful ending to the game. Everyone was going nuts, considering the first 7 innings we had little to get excited about.

1 Like

Should be a fun summer.

5 Likes

Is it just me or has that been the pattern of the tiger for a very long time? We never seem to be able to solve the starter. We do all our damage late against relievers. I don’t remember the last time we had an offense that jumped out to quick leads.

While the D on this team isnt St Louis Cardinals-esque. ( go look at thise guys, its like 6 gold glove level guys), it’s looking like it won’t be a weakness.

Ill take that given it is a bat first team concept.

E-Rod isnt a #1 starter in this league…he’s barely a 2.

They need Mize for sure and at some point Manning to hit their ceilings. Red Bull and Skubal are near theirs as strong 4s/middling 3s…maybe Skubal has a bit more upside than that. Then they need to bring in the hired gun HoF or near talent #1 that will push them over to a WS contender…this is a 2024 move after Miggys money is gone ( though when I looked at it, all but about $10m of his cap space will get chewed up in arbitration for other guys, so theybwill need to committ to a 175M + payroll to get it done)

This to me would mean from the DeGrom/Bauer/fully healthy Syndergaard/Cole group. I dont trust too many others at the moment younger (except maybe Julio Urias, but good luck getting him)

Could get lucky and Jobe is the next Seaver…hard to count on that…

2 Likes

Yea, especially in early season when it’s cold n nasty weather. They heat up with the weather, but I have noticed what you are talking about.

1 Like

I think Skubal has the most upside of all of them. He has filthy stuff, he just needs to locate better. I really like Mize but I don’t think he is going to be an Ace, maybe a strong #2.

I get what youbsee in Skubal, but he

1. Needs averything to go perfect for him to reach it

2. Was a 9th rd pick for a reason (injury)

3. Dont trust his mechanics.

I’d be happy with him settling in as Robbie Ray w/o the monster 2021 season. Ray is actually a very good comp for him…12th rd pick, wipeout pitch lefty with command brainfarts, season to season variance.

Mize throwing meat balls.

Seems to have settled down after the first inning and he almost got out of the first with no damage.

Gonna be a tough one to put it mildly with Cease on the mound.

2 Likes

Tigers bats ice cold.

Yep, although Cease certainly plays a significant role in that as well.

Just need a few hits. Kinda like yesterday

Baddoo. Is a bad doo doo

Baddoo with a great catch. But tigers down 4-0 in top 6. Not looking good

I’m a little bummed that I have to pay to just listen to the Tigers games. I haven’t been that interested the last decade-ish since they fell off, so I don’t know when it started, but I went to 97.1 to listen and they wouldn’t let me listen unless I paid because I was out of market.

I hate to say it, but F that. I am subscription-ed out. Its not that expensive, but give me a break. There is a subscription for everything now. You would think those advertisers would love getting even more exposure, but the MLB had to get their cut I guess.

Hasse and tork swing at balls.

How do they not swing at the gimmies in the zone but they swing at everything outside of the zone?

1 Like