Devin Lloyd…

I think this guy is the best LB in the draft. Figured he would go in the middle of 1st round but I have seen several mock drafts of him sliding down to us. Curious to see what we would do if a guy like that made it to us? Imagine adding him and Thibodeaux to our defense?!?

I have also read that the Lions don’t value the LB position and that we are set there, I highly disagree with that assumption. Last thing is that I believe Lloyd is 24 years old, can that be right? I looked big/low and cannot find his actual age.

2 Likes

He is my LB1. Big, fast, and long with natural LB instincts is exactly what I would want. Nakobe Dean is a close second, but doesn’t have the same type of size/length. Weird that I couldn’t find his age anywhere either.

We need a game changing lb in a bad way

2 Likes

Jared Davis

His birthday is Sept 30th and he was a 5th year senior, meaning he probably started college just a couple weeks away from being 19. So, best guess is 24. Now, because seemingly there is no record, he may be 25 and turning 26 in September?

You’re on the right track.

Lloyd attended Otay Ranch HS (Calif.), and played football in 2016, which was his senior year. That means he attended high school for the 2016-2017 school year. With a September 30 birthday, odds are he graduated in 2017 at age 18.

Lloyd is likely going to turn 24 years old on September 30, 2022. As such, teams may view him as an “overaged” one contract type of player. I think that, coupled with the position he plays, could keep him out of Round 1.

I’m not a huge fan of his age but my biggest concern with Lloyd was how lost he looked the few times he saw zone blocking. As opposed to college virtually every NFL team runs some form of zone blocking and if he struggles with his fits against zone, he won’t make it. It could be down to inexperience but he should have seen it enough times that he shouldn’t have looked utterly lost.

His 40 was disappointing as well.

Boys are sometimes “held back” because of maturity with late BDays for even a 2nd year, meaning they start school at 6 turning 7 in September. Then you have parents with athletic aspirations for their boys that do it, my wife’s cousin did that with their son who had a late Bday. He was undefeated his senior year and had over 100 pins in high school wrestling at 220.

Could be. His year of birth seems to be intentionally not public, but NFL teams surely know. At either 24 or 25, he’s not going to be a 1st Rd pick.

In contrast, Nakobe Dean doesn’t turn 22 until December.

If Lloyd is still there @ 32. We better friggin take him. The kid is playmaker. The 2 Utah games vs Oregon, I was tuned in to watch Thibs, But, Lloyd stole the show.

His production is legit and he’s a playmaker, which this defense severely lacks. 8 sacks, 4 ints, 2 TD’s, 6 passes defended last year.

1 Like

Nakobe Dean is the only name I have heard linked to the Lions.

Parks And Recreation Nbc GIF by HULU

1 Like

I certainly see traits with Lloyd. My primary concern has to do with Utah’s biggest game of the year vs Ohio State in the Rose Bowl. I expected Lloyd to show up big time in that shootout, and he was extremely quiet.

Now I know same could be said about Hutch vs Georgia, but I think Georgia schemed Hutch out of much of that game until it was over.

Lloyd on the other hand either suffered from inferior coaching (staff didn’t put him in a position to impact the game), or he just didn’t show up. He had 3 solo tackles, that’s it. No sacks, no pressures, no PBU, no TFL, no FF, no INT. Again, a lot of very good players have had quiet nights, off games, bad match-ups. But I was really expecting more from him and as a result have been “meh” on him since. I could be wrong, but that’s how I saw it.

Holmes love pac 12 players

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.