Devon Witherspoon my favorite CB in the 2023 draft

That’s funny how we see it different sometimes. I do think Olave is so super smooth that you almost miss how good he is. People would focus on his faults like catch point toughness etc. and forget the sort of body control and smoothness he had with his speed build up. I think Justin Jefferson was like that coming out.

1 Like

What’s crazy is we probably only have one guy in the room right now that doesn’t run sub 4.4 in Julian Fleming.

1 Like

Add Cam Smith, Ringo, Turner, Hodges-Tomlinson, etc. to that list. A good CB has to be aggressive

Olave was one of my favorite WR coming out last year for that exact reason, like he’s on skates, dude just glides.

1 Like

I’ve had Moss as a day 2 guy the whole time so not much movement from me. But I don’t think he’ll go much higher for me. I already know he’s gonna test well so that won’t cause him to rise, and I’ve got some concerns about his stickiness and run support. He’s not bad at either, but he’s also not elite. I really think he could thrive in zone, he’s got one of the best brains of all the CBs to go along with his athleticism.

1 Like

On a totally unrelated note I had forgotten how much I loved Daiyan Henley. Fun player and he complements Barnes and Rodrigo well. We should draft him. 82? :grimacing:

2 Likes

I liked it better when I could get him in the 6th. Not because I don’t think he deserves to go higher, but because that’s about where I expect Brad to nab a LB.

He’s Germaine Pratt with better pass rushing chops. He’s gonna be gone sometime on day 2.

I thought it was interesting that NFL.com’s Chad Rueter had Witherspoon’s comp as Darius Slay when going over Senior Bowl prospects. He called it “aspirational comp”

1 Like

Where do you guys think Cam Jones will go? Mid to late?

That’s what I see when I watch Gonzalez run.

2 Likes

I can see that, yeah. If we didn’t already know about his track background he might have shocked us when he tested.

I think you’re right.

Im on the Gonzalez train rn tbh

We need a CB with that speed, and hes a good tackler to boot

Witherspoon looks amazing but as others said, hes very handsy, and thats getting called alot more now than previous seasons.

1 Like

I really wish you could combine Witherspoon’s attitude and Gonzalez’s physical gifts. You’d have a guy totally worthy of the #6 pick. Maybe higher.

2 Likes

I always thought Moss would be a good Merton Hanks style safety. Felt the same way about Cam Taylor-Britt but obviously the Bengals liked him at corner.

Day 3 would be my guess. Where on day 3 probably depends on how he works out.

I like the build and seems like he has pretty good athleticism. My biggest question on him is his coverage skills. I know he’s really good at sniffing out screens and plays in the flat, but does he cover the middle like Jarrad Davis?

I’m mainly looking at potential day 3 LBs because that’s been the BH trend his first 2 drafts.

1 Like

Yeah you hear that from a lot of people, that he could move to safety and be great. But I think he’s got the juice to stick at CB. He just might need help from time to time especially on the goal line.

1 Like

One reason I like Henley so much is he really seems to have instincts for forcing turnovers.

1 Like