Devon Witherspoon

I think it would be more like Simmons and 11 for 6 and 18. Witch I would be fine with. 6 and 18 probably gets them to 3 like they want.

If this is to be even partially true, that might not be an option.

If Houston were to go Anderson, you might see Arizona take Carter, Indy takes Young, and Seattle takes Wilson as a potential scenario.

1 Like

Then give me dreams of

6 - Witherspoon
18 - Nolan Smith (doubt he falls to there, but who knows)

Those are two very MCDC players

3 Likes

Given the lack of roster space, it would not surprise me at all to see Holmes move up from 18 if they have keyed in on someone.

1 Like

Yeah, which is why I think itā€™d be a likely opportunity if they can land Anderson/Wilson/Carter at 6 and move up for Spoon if they like him enough. Thatā€™d be the dream for me.

He just played his first full season, and did pretty good.
Read what his coaches have been saying. Heā€™s not a bust.

Iā€™d probably still do this. The reason it might not be this costly is because of the contract. Maybe Iā€™m drowning in blue Koolaid and being overly optimistic lol.

I think itā€™s more likely the other way around. Undersized corners who arenā€™t particularly fast donā€™t usually go very high in the draft.

Although unlikely, I think Witherspoon could slip to 18.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t Derek Stingley Jr. (6ā€™0", 190, 30.625" arms, 4.45 40 yard dash) just get drafted 3rd overall last year?

Devon Witherspoon (5ā€™11", 181, 31.25" arms, 4.42 40 yard dash) is pretty comparable in size to Stingley.

The main difference to me is Witherspoon is almost Forbesian in skinniness. Heā€™s beefed up to 180 pounds, but you read how difficult it is for him. The grind of a season may hit him hard. Stingley has more natural thickness.

It doesnā€™t affect his grade too much for me (still have him 14th overall), but it does give me pause just enough to put Gonzalez ahead of him personally. Witherspoon is probably a better fit for us, but being that skinny and playing the way he does could be a recipe for disaster. Of course I wouldnā€™t want him playing any other way, but itā€™s something to be aware of.

1 Like

Okudah was rated higher than any CB in this draft by far.

2 Likes

Witherspoon looks like the Hulk compared to Jamo.

Jamo weighed in at 189lbs at his pro day compared to Witherspoon 181lbs.

Just out of curiosity, are people more worried about his small size or him only have one year of elite production?

I do think his testing today was good.

Iā€™m not talking about weight, Iā€™m talking body type. Jamo is unreal skinny, he just happens to be 6ā€™1" which adds a few extra pounds. Jamo has little chicken legs. He sure is fast though. Jamo also doesnā€™t have to tackle 230 pound running backs, so it could be an issue for Spoon.

Jamo weighs 23lbs more than Forbesā€¦

Forbes is going to snap in half in run support.

1 Like

Can you imagine him playing in Soldier Field on a windy day? Dude would end up in lake Michigan every other play

1 Like

I would not take him fishing on a boat, thatā€™s for sure. haha