Devon Witherspoon

Athletic just put out an article on Witherspoon and he just had his pro day today. Nice look behind the scenes beyond what you see on tape. Behind a paywall, but seriously, The Athletic is worth it.

Dude is absolutely, 100%, unequivocally and Dan Campbell guy:
Work ethic.
Competitive.
Production.
Has a chip on his shoulder because everyone has always thought he was too small.

I want this guy so bad. He’d be the AmonRa/Aiden Hutchinson of the backfield for this team.

7 Likes

Heard the same about Okudah

3 Likes

Okudah sucked, so now all first round corners suck. Brilliant.

7 Likes

Let the guy develop. Geez!

1 Like

But wait! There’s More!

The Lions sent new CB coach Dre Bly to check out Illinois CB Devon Witherspoon’s private workout

6 Likes

Saw it reported Brian Duker was there as well, not sure if that’s true or not

1 Like

Also, kinda not so flattering towards Trey Palmer. Although sometimes the best thing to do against guys who just talk and talk and talk is walk away. Or pop them in the mouth.

4 Likes
7 Likes

The last DB we drafted from Illinois turned out to be Aaron Rodgers daddy! So I say go for it!

3 Likes

With how bad the communication was in the backfield last year, one would wonder if Kerby and Spoon having played together would give him a little boost over say Christian Gonzalez on their board?

6 Likes

Chemistry would help for sure. Sutton and Gardner-Johnson should help a ton with the communication in the back end. And Kerby not being a rookie and getting Walker back, who was a team captain. Secondary is in much better shape now and we haven’t even drafted yet.

3 Likes

huge real housewives of new jersey GIF

TAKE SPOON & NB J.MARTIN ILLINOIS

We would have the new legion of boom…what a turn around that would be.

Almost as great as our DL

we went from
Flowers, Romeo on IR, Chuck Harris as a UFA, J.Okwara , Austin Bryant

to

Hutch, Houston, Cominsky Pascal, Romeo healthy, Chuck, J.Ok

And saved many many millions in the process.

That might be one of the most underrrated and not talked about stories in the NFL

2 Likes

Corners usually come around in their 8 season around 30 years old than they retire the next season haha

1 Like

It’s about the source brother…

Bob Quinn or Brad Holmes: who ya gonna trust?! :crazy_face::upside_down_face::heart::pray::+1:

1 Like

I want him, but preferably not at 6th. Rather get a big boy at 6. If they trade down to 11 I think they could snag him.

1 Like

Jeffery Simmons and weathespoon would be a hell of a haul. If it worked out that way

7 Likes

How about Trade for Simmons, drop down to 11 and grab Witherspoon, and then snag Bijan at 18. I gotta stop I don’t want to get this excited at work it would be unprofessional.

5 Likes

That would sound good to me! Sounds like a superbowl!

Although, unlike a lot of people, I actually think this draft class is weak. If the Simmons thing isn’t a go (which it probably isn’t), I’d be more than happy with a:

6)Anderson/Carter/Wilson

and moving on from one of the seconds + 18 and whatever else it takes to jump back up and grab Witherspoon. Kinda like they did last year with Jamo. There is precedent!

1 Like