Diamond Sports Group Announces restructure (Amazon Prime involved)

Just as we were discussing the NFL streaming a playoff game on Peacock get ready for another streaming cost/option for MLB
(Diamond Sports Announces Deal With Amazon, Creditors to Restructure – Sportico.com

Amazon will make a minority investment in the company as part of the proposal. It will use its Prime Video platform to offer direct-to-consumer access to MLB, NBA and NHL games, including pre-game and post-game content of its various RSNs on a local basis. The size of the investment and other details have yet to be disclosed.

“We are thrilled to have reached a comprehensive restructuring agreement that provides a detailed framework for a reorganization plan and substantial new financing that will enable Diamond to operate and thrive beyond 2024,” Diamond CEO David Preschlack said in a statement. “We are grateful for the support from Amazon and a group of our largest creditors who clearly believe in the value-creating potential of this business.

That is great news!

Mah Sweetie Wears UPS Out with Amazon Prime deliveries and returns, so if there is some free for me new baseball on TV, then Sweet!

1 Like

You interpreted that as free channel coming to Amazon?
I read that as a new MLB channel for regional sports via prime for $$mo possibly subscribing for one team only for a few dollars less.
Bezos offers nothing for free.

I’m only randomly tethered to reality. Thanks for the rope on that one.

Yeah, it’ll be a pay subscription like subscribing to Starz or AMC through Amazon. But as somebody who hasn’t been able to watch the Tigers or Wings since I cut the cord last spring, I will happily give back some of the money I’m saving on cable to pony up for the local sports I used to get with it.

They will have to give us free shit to watch the Tigers!

I like where this, Tigers, team is trending.
They have some good players in the field and on the mound plus more coming up.

Should be an interesting season

Checks out REM

Tigers should be a .500 team with league average health.

Stull missing an ace, a leadoff guy and a veteran run producer. Those should put them in the playoffs discussion each year.

They have the $ to fill 2 of those in FA, and still have Jobe and Meyer as top end prospects to come in 25 full time while Wave 1 pitching( Scooby, Manning Mize) and hitting (Tork/Greene/Carp) gets a boost from Wave 2 Keith Jung JHM Parker and Olson.

It’s close.

Yeah, the AL Central should be wide open next year, and the way the Tigers played the second half of last season, there’s no reason they can’t be in the thick of things. I like what they’re doing–and yes, I’ll pay to see how they take the next step. Do I get a discount if I promise to never watch the Pistons under any circumstances?

1 Like