Did we snipe the Pack

For Arnold?

You would have to think Zona was gonna go Arnold

But I also thought they would go Koolaid there and didnt so who knows.

Tom Grossi thought that about Jameson and it hasnt worked out. If messing over the Packers is a justification for what we did then it means we arent doing it right. Dont worry about the sheep.

1 Like

They didn’t pick for ten picks though? How could we have sniped them?

GB? They were rumored to
Be after a CB. We moved one spot in front of them.

Or are you talking about Jamo?

Yeah I was talking about Jamo. Responding to the post above mine.

Do you think GB was sniffing around Arnold?

Maybe? I have no idea, I just think we were looking for anyone to trade up with. The Packers generally go for those h/w/s freaks. Would he qualify?

I like most of the free world just assumed they’d draft Cooper.

1 Like

It’s hard to say, but probably not. From what I learned last year is that if the team before you picks the cornerback you were going to take, you trade back and take an awesome running back and a pro bowl tight end. Green Bay didn’t do either of those things so they probably were just going to make a bad draft pick no matter what the Lions did.

3 Likes

Brad said he started making calls in the mid teens. I would assume he was offering up our 1 and 3 and the player we wanted was Arnold. Dallas was the first team to say yes.

1 Like

Hope our defesne has a PPG deferential.

Its in the NFL to make this happen.

Detroit Lions offense doesnt regress?

Lions defense shows massive progress after heavy investment?

Sounds like Super Bowl 59 is in our future…?

1 Like

Any of the 3 teams behind 24 could have wanted Arnold.

Grossi wanted either Arnold, deJean or Barton (the three guys who were on my board too). Yeah, he did not like our pick. But he was a little more upset that they picked Morgan. He was also mentioning that the Lions fans were laughing at the Packers fans. LOL.

We have a competent FO.

3 Likes

The lions fans laughing at the packers fan was classic. Was truly hilarious.

Right.
Pretty safe to assume Arnold would be gone by 29.

The comparison going through my mind this morning is:

Are we better off with:
a) Terrion Arnold … or
b) DeJean, Kool-Aid, or Wiggins AND a third round pick.

Throughout the process, I wanted OL - Fontanu and Barton were my top 2. Things changed for me when the Bears picked Odunze. Right then and there, I said to myself we need either Mitchell or Arnold – both are in an entirely differnt bucket than the other late round corners. He was the only person on the board who was worth a trade-up. I hate trading picks away, but IT WAS WORTH IT!!

1 Like

That is a good point to make. This division has some really good young WRs in Moore, Odunze, Jefferson and Watson. We desperately needed a guy like Terrion.

1 Like

Here’s the video:

1 Like

I’m actually kinda shocked they didn’t, though I’d heard they liked Morgan a lot. Hell @frm710 picked Morgan for them in our mock due to Packer connections.

Dude that video might be better than last years he’s so good

The realist “even tho packers can’t pick all of them”

The disappointment when Arnold

The long silence

The painful laugh

The hyping himself up alright alright

He’s great

2 Likes