Diggs matches our offensive output today

And that’s why we love you Fish :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Quinn and Patricia clearly traded Diggs as retribution regarding Diggs’ locker room talk of dissatisfaction with the defensive scheme.

How many of us can argue against Diggs and Slay’s assessment about the shitty scheme and coaching?

They threw away a valuable asset because of anger and control issues. Diggs was also hurt at the time so the talk that he wasn’t performing well was disingenuous.

Get these fucking clowns out of here.

4 Likes

Wilson is more of a in the box, slot safety without the range and athleticism of Diggs and Harris. When Diggs was starting, Harris virtually mirrored his snaps, acting as a reserve to Diggs and was even given series in place of Diggs. When Diggs was out of the lineup, he saw almost every snap at free safety, acting as the safety valve

It’s hard to say one safety in the scheme is a direct replacement over another but it’s obvious the Lions considered Harris Diggs replacement

2 Likes

It was Walker and Diggs…now its Walker and Wilson.

Diggs looked bad here for the same reason Slay doesn’t look like himself: No pass rush and they’re often in man. Period. No one on defense has looked good. That’s why Quinn shouldn’t be here. He didn’t realize that his coaches and scheme are the problem.

5 Likes

Last year one of Diggs strengths was tackling. He was rated by PFF as one of the top safeties in the league. For most of his time this year with the Lions he was missing open field tackles and looked a step slow. Very unlike him

Then we find out he needed to rest his hamstring and the lions were asking to play through the injury. So he sits a few weeks and now he looks like his old self. Again grading as one of he top safeties in the league and a bright spot for Seattle

I always liked the kid, he brought leadership and attitude to our defense. I’m glad for him he’s in a better situation than this shit show of team right now

7 Likes

He’s still not the same guy when it comes to tackling. I’m not sure what’s going on with him in that regard. As I said earlier today, when you go back and watch the film it appears he’s content just chicken fighting with DBs instead of attacking ball carriers like he used to do.

That’s not what you said when he was traded. You said Harris. Now that Harris hasn’t worked out, you changed your tune. Look it up.

You have me mixed up with someone else

I promise I don’t. I can dig it up, but I thought it might jog your memory. It’s not the end of the world, but you were on record saying they drafted Harris and he is ready to take over for Diggs. Something along those lines.

All I ever wanted was people to stop pretending that he was traded based on his play while injured. He was booted for speaking up. I don’t even think Quinntricia have debated that.

1 Like

Nope, it wasn’t me. There are a few here that said it, but I wasn’t one of them. I’ve said that Tavon Wilson was playing at or above Diggs level in his spot. But I also said the little bit I’d seen of Harris didn’t leave me impressed. I’ve said he doesn’t look like a fluid athlete, and all of that timed speed doesn’t seem to translate onto the field. I’ve said that by trading Diggs, you put a guy who’s playing at or above the level of Diggs for cheaper (Wilson) on the field, and have the bonus of being able to work in your young guy to get him more reps. But I haven’t said I like Harris.

It wouldn’t make much sense to think the Lions intended to replace Diggs with Wilson. Wilson is more of a SS, while Diggs played his best at FS

Also Diggs is young with a lot of years ahead while Wilson is almost 30 years old. Regardless of who said it here, Harris and how they played him was obviously the intended replacement for Diggs

3 Likes

Diggs was more of a SS for us, while Walker played FS. Just like when it was Quin and Diggs. Quin played more of a FS role, with Diggs being the SS and getting down into the box. There was some flipping around, because that is how the league works these days. Diggs is playing more deep safety with the Seahawks than he played here, but they still have him coming down into the box as well.

The Rams hit on some plays exploiting Diggs lack of range at FS. I will pull up some still shots of it later. I predict that if Pete and the boys keep insisting on playing Diggs as a single high safety so much, they are going to get burned by it in the playoffs.

With the Lions Diggs spent most of his time at free safety — just over 70 percent of his snaps. He spent about 20 percent dropped down into a traditional strong safety zone and the remaining percent in man coverage. Of his percent of free safety snaps, over 50 percent of them were at a traditional free safety level, the rest were in deep center field.

From PFF analysis of Seahawks Rams

“As a safety, Diggs was rarely targeted, but recording two interceptions gave the Seahawks a life in the game when it looked like the Rams were going to take it home.”

I do think we need to refocus here to the Undisputed fact that in the course of a season and a half we lost two safeties who had significant physical Talent in Diggs and Quin. Yes Quin was slowing down, but as far as tell level goes I don’t think we’ve replaced those two guys with equal Talent with the Two young safeties that have come in in Walker and Harris. This leads me to believe that the team will go out and look for a talent upgraded strong safety next year in free agency

2 Likes

I think people keep referring to Will Harris as he was the one whose play was referred to as reasoning for making Diggs expendable.

Pete Carroll is crediting Diggs, not Goff for the interceptions.

1 Like

Shocking

1 Like