Diggs matches our offensive output today

Yeah. That happens when you have a pass rush.

2 Likes

Yeah, all of our defensive backs suck now, but it has nothing to do with a pass rush that gives the QB enough time to call Grandma on every drop back. :thinking:

No, you can watch the tape and see Aaron Donald making plays.

You can also watch the tape and see that last night Diggs had the ball thrown to him twice by Geoff.
All INTs look good in the stat book but sometimes you make a play on the ball and pick it off…and other times you are just out there and a errant throw comes to you. If you can honestly watch the Pick 6 last night and convince yourself that Diggs made a good play rather than he was just behind the play and the ball came to him then you really don’t know what you are seeing when you watch football.

1 Like

Diggs made a good play on the ball. He read something and trusted his film study, and attacked aggressively. Goff had pressure in his face and was not on the same page with the receiver, who appeared to sit the route down while Goff threw the ball as if he was carrying the route thru.

I have no idea what Goff was doing on the 2nd INT. He just throw it up into double coverage and Diggs was sitting back in that area the entire time.

How many tackles did Will Harris have yesterday?

Tavon Wilson started in Diggs old spot, and he had 11 tackles.

2 Likes

Nice attempt at deflection, Mrs. Harris. How many tackles did Will Harris have yesterday? Did he play, or was he traded for a conditional 7th rounder? Please let me know.

1 Like

What deflection? I’ve said from the beginning that Wilson was the guy that was already playing the Diggs role and was doing it at or above the level Diggs was doing it…for cheaper. Our starters are Walker and Wilson. Is that a tough concept for you to understand?

1 Like

Diggs was definitely coming up to the play as he should have.

But the only reason he caught the pass was because the receiver sat down on the route and Goeff expected him to keep running apparently. The throw was nowhere near the receiver and went straight to Diggs. Truth is Diggs was going to the spot where Goeff thought the receiver was going to be so that was good on Diggs.

1 Like

Such a lie. You said Diggs was getting pushed out by a rookie. FALSE.

Don’t change your stance now that Harris can’t even contribute on this horrid defense.

I found the answer you keep hiding from. ZERO. Zero tackles yesterday and 1 the week before. You claim that tackles are the most important stat for a safety, which is also false. Now that your boy Harris can’t even do that, you change your take. Have a little conviction, buddy. It’s ok to accept that you were wrong on occasion. I’ve done it. It’s healthy.

Diggs has more interceptions in the last 12 hours than Harris has tackles in the last 14 days. Keep deflecting though.

Yeah, even though Woods stopped on that first interception, the ball still seemed a bit high and wide. I believe Diggs broke off the guy he was on to make that play. Again, maybe there’s some luck there as well but it’s not like he was running around with his eyes shut and Goff tossed him the ball, he made the read and was going in to make the tackle when the ball was coming at him. And he caught both passes. Unlike Tavon that had one hit him right in the bread basket and me muffed it, tough catch but players make plays.

You have me mixed up with another poster.

Again, you have me mixed up with someone else.

Whatever he thought he saw, he attacked it. He didn’t sit back and let it play out in front of him. If he did, than that is either a catch or an incomplete pass. The fact that he trusted his film study and came screaming in there like a bat out of hell is what created that opportunity. That was the level of aggressiveness he used to have in the run game, and he doesn’t appear to have it anymore. While he’s come up to make a few big hits this year, for a majority of the plays last night (and in the games prior), he seems to be okay chicken fighting with the receivers and not attacking ball carriers. Its weird, because that’s not the Diggs we knew back in 2016-2017 when he was playing at such a high level.

As I replied to Wes, I actually think Diggs was doing good in that I believe he was going to the area where Geoff EXPECTED the reciever to be…so that part was good on him. The thing is…the receiver sat the route down and therefore the only player where the ball went was Diggs. If the receiver goes where Goeff threw the ball Diggs probably makes a tackle after a 8-9 yard gain instead of an INT or the pass is INC as Diggs would have been behind the receiver.

We can’t know for sure what would have happened if the receiver doesn’t sit the route down.

So I can easily give Diggs a “attaboy” for being in the area where the ball was thrown but really don’t believe he gets the INT if the receiver is there trying to catch the ball

1 Like

They haven’t posted the coaches film from that game yet, just the broadcast footage. I will take a look at that play as well as some others. Watching it on broadcast it looked like a good play. He comes screaming in there so hard that if the receiver follows thru with the route, Diggs probably breaks up the play with a big hit (and if he was still with the Lions get called for unnecessary roughness). But if Goff see’s the receiver sit the route down and delivers the ball, Diggs would clearly have gone flying by the play but the gain after that would have been minimal. It was a good calculated risk, IMO.

3 Likes

It was an idiotic trade at the time and is looking more idiotic every game.
I’d also add that Noah Fant had over 100 yards and a TD now that he has a QB with a pulse throwing to him finally.

I’m not even a big Quinn hater but damn, not a good look bro.

3 Likes

Fant already had a 100 yard game this season. He’s got 2 of them now.

Cleveland has never won the Superbowl?

1 Like

About 3 years ago, I was downtown Orlando, and a drunk dude was trying to pick a fight with me. I looked at his friends and said “I’d probably be bitter too, if I was that ■■■■■■■ ugly.” I walked away. Everyone was laughing their ass off…no harm…no fight.

2 Likes

I’m aware. I meant with the Patriots.

I was replying to the notion that we should stick with our coaches because the Pats have stuck with Belichick and his tenure has enabled a dynasty. That is true, but it wasn’t very hard to stick with Belichick as he won a championship in his second year with them (and has nothing but unqualified success ever sense).

If he’d regressed from his 5-11 first year or stayed there, they wouldn’t have stuck with him (or would have been crazy to do so). There may be good examples of why you should stick with a coach for the long haul, but Bill Belichick with the Pats is not one of them. They’ve never, ever, had a reason not to stick with him.

This came up in another thread (I think the one analogizing the Lions to a car) and it bugged me there too.

Come on, man!
You know I’m a dick!