DK Metcalf

What would you think about trading #2 OA for DK Metcalf?

I normally wouldn’t make that move but with the lack of top end talent in this draft I think I would. He is the exact type of TD machine we need and this move should complete the offense and we will know what Goff has by the end of the season.

2 for dk and nothing else, ya no that should not and will not ever happen even in madden

3 Likes

Not really all that interested in Metcalf. He’s going to want north of 20m per and I’m not really certain that he’s worth it.

Much rather just draft our own Metcalf at 2 and enjoy the savings.

3 Likes

I’d be open to a 3-way… trade!!!

Seattle gives up #9 OA and DK… for the #2 OA pick.
Lions ship DK to a 3rd team… for a 1st round pick.

I would rather overdraft a Safety at #2. That way we can have the #2 pick again next year.

Beans Thumbs Up GIF by StickerGiant

2 Likes

My new official Den signature:

1 Like

welcome to our madness Fuzzy. I have no idea in the what is going to happen in the draft…I don’t even have a mock draft -really. which is unusual for me because I always have set my mocks out there with many other posters…but hope you enjoy your time here.

This reminds me of trying to pull out of my parking spot at the mall or any other busy place. If I have a bad parking spot, my head needs to be on a swivel because people will zip by me like I’m not even there. But if I have a good parking spot? Oh, now people treat me with kindness and courtesy allowing me to exit without fear of get rammed.

They treat me different when they know I have a good parking spot.

1 Like

No way straight up for number 2.

Let me see, trade a top rookie (contract) for a good (not great) vet contract.
Patience!
As long as we are under Goff’s massive contract, no trade like this should ever happen.

Goffs contract isn’t massive. In 9 months he won’t be in the top 12….

Watson
Mahomes
J Allen
Rodgers
Cousins
Wilson
Dak
Stafford
Ryan- pre trade…

• all north of 40M club

Carr about to get a big raise
Wentz
Brady
Tannehill
Goff
Jimmy G

• all in the 27M plus club.

Murray
L Jax

That’s 17of 32 teams….

Bears
Jags
Jets
Patriots
49ers
Burrow
Herbert

• all will face the reality that they drafted busts, or will have to pay up and extend

That’s 23 teams.

Texans
Giants
Phins
Seahawks
Saints
Steelers
Colts
Panthers

So out of all the teams in the NFL, I’d say the Bengals, Patriots, Chargers and Jags are the 4 teams that could get 2-4 year of potentially elite QB play under rookie wage. All other teams are either dealing with a dumpster fire at QB or paying north of 28M

1 Like

That’s too much for DK.

Besides Sea has stated their not interested in trading him. So if you want him you’ll have to severely over pay.

That’s what HE said.

@BigNatty

1 Like

DK is the Dennis Rodman of the NFL. Was complaining and pouting last year when they weren’t throwing him the ball. Never mind that Russ was injured.

I’d take a hard pass on essentially trading a badass defensive lineman on a 5 year rookie deal for an overpaid, me-first Olympic sprinter wannabe wideout who might touch the ball 6-8 times a game.

Nope.

2 Likes

Ron Burgundy Anchorman GIF by Ben L

In fairness, they said the same exact thing about Wilson, and he’s gone. Did Denver severely over pay? Not if they win a bowl with him they didn’t. However, the Lion’s are not a DK away from a bowl, so there’s no way I trade 2oa for him

Wilson wanted out and forced the situation.

DK wants to stay.

E[quote=“Air2theThrown, post:14, topic:15067”]
That’s what HE said.

@BigNatty
[/quote]

NIIIIIICE! Loved it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.