Do U like Kyle? I Do

WELCOME!

This draft, with DaRon Payne and Tremain Edmunds as a FA blowout? BLOCK YEAH!

Keep Brown, add Corey Davis ( who I think will get cut in NYJ land) as a big body 3rd/4th WR…

Then start adding those pieces above?

the beverly hillbillies dance GIF by TV Land Classic

1 Like

That’s what we all can agree upon
Don’t just draft a QB — if you WANT one of these guys, take him. Just don’t draft A QB.

I think the QB debate is largely one of fear of wasting a high pick on a bust. A totally fair concern.

The flip side is that everyone would love an upgrade.

Are there any sure bets in this draft?

The knocks on these guys:
Young is short — really short
Stroud is a pocket passer and that’s all he really wants to be
Hooker is a system QB

Are any of these sure fire slam dunks?
I don’t think so
I don’t think the Lions take one of these guys early

So, we’ll have to ride Goff until the risk profile makes sense.

Do not draft out of desperation
Goff is decent, no desperation needed

1 Like

did you read my entire comments here Mouse ? in it I said it does no good to have a shiny new /learning on the job rookie QB here IF we don’t start doing SOMETHING with this defense. Then i said, let us pretend that we totally ignored our defense for these next 2-3 drafts, I said THEN , we would be right back here with posters screaming to get rid of The HC and our newest QB BECAUSE we didn’t start building the Defense some which is where we are now with one LINE functioning rather well. I also said …IF we keep doing the same shit, we get the same results and do the same things "wanting the HC & QB 's gone, just like we have for the last 25 years. you GOT to have a decent Defense with this Offense…then, we win more often. IF you read, you would see where I mentioned that IF we happened to get 3 good Defensive players out of our drafts …THAT IS A GAIN for us, later using the fishing analogy. UM NFL teams having 2 functioning Lines- Defensive & Offensive. that is what we should be working towards…that said they can draft A QB or WR or RB or TE I don’t Care…yet I did say "hey lets get a few defensive pieces that are not fragile, often-injured, can take hits and can be productive at their jobs ! aka ‘start building our defense’ THAT WAY, by the time new QB is coming along , our defense should help him and we SHOULD win more.

1 Like
  • 2022-Pick #1 Defense, Pick #2 Defense, Pick #3 Defense, Pick #6, 6B, & 7 Defense
  • 2021- Pick #2 Defense, Pick #3 Defense, Pick # 3B Defense, Pick #4B Defense.

I don’t see or expect our defense to be ignored. It takes a bit of time for the young guns to find their mojo, sometimes we find they have no mojo, it’s all apart of the draft process. Do we quit picking defense with our 2nd pick because Levi is injured? Hell no, we do what we need to do to improve. Same can be said of the most important position on the field.(QB) We may have a decent starter, but do we stay content with decent if we feel the right guy becomes available?

look, A NEW QB will look like crap IF we have a #8 offense paired with a #32 defense. everybody will wonder why and start calling for another QB.

My stance is : Hey start getting some worthwhile defense , SO later when we have a raw/young QB, HE has a better chance to win HERE.

Why to HC’s and QB’s come here to die and get fired !? Because there is always 1-able Line here, not 1.5 or even 2.

1 Like

Enough of the histrionics. Every take on this thread talks about drafting the RIGHT QB to sit behind Goof for 23. No different than Maholmes did in KC.
Either trade Goof in 24 or allow the battle to begin.
How hard is it to comprehend. We need a difference maker at the most important position on an NFL roster. Not someone who is capable when things are going well.

I feel you are being biased by calling him biased lol.

How hard is it to comprehend that the main reason we keep losing is because we jog out some sense of an Offense with an absolute dog shit defense time after time , then wonder why it’s not working?
#8 Offense / # 32 Defense…I wonder what’s wrong. NO let us draft a QB and keep firing our HC because “we think that’s the remedy?” I am damn near 50 years old…been watching since 1978, we had a great defense 1 time…and it was destroyed immediately. every other season after , our Defense ranks low to embarassing levels. I would like to see our Defense rank 20th even , I could “accept” that…at least it isn’t dead last. silly me.

3 Likes

:sweat_smile: We are all entitled to our takes :+1:

1 Like

Lol man just giving shit was reading both of your guys takes . Both have merit in the end. Been a long day thought a smart ass comment would make people laugh.

1 Like

Hey @wolf does that look like ignoring the defense.

There’s a lot of young pieces in place on that defense from them draft picks. Drafting a QB in any Rd does not have anything to do with fixing the defense as you say, part of that defenses problem is the young players on it. the more them player progress the better the defense will get as your starting to see now. This defense has more talent then some think there just mostly 1 And 2 year players. The biggest hole on defense is the DTs, and some claim McNeil is ok. And another good CB to pair with okaduh it’s not a whole draft class away of being competitive.

Every damn QB needs a situation to be going well. If you take Brady out of the equation this is relatively true, and you might not even need to take him out of the equation. Any young QB who rocked it out early, had a great base of a team around him. Arguments can be made about that, but I think Brad Holmes gets this concept. I won’t rule out Holmes drafting a QB next draft, but I seriously doubt it’ll be in the first round.

3 Likes

maybe you haven’t noticed where that “defense” is right now , that means it’s dog shit , and in no way fixed -until it is better I will bitch about Defense. I don’t care if they put 100 different plqyers on The Defense, if The mother&%%##@!!! still blows and ranks in the 30’s? they haven’t done anything IMO.

Funny Face Lol GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Truth. You think Terry Bradshaw would have been worth a shit without 13 other HOF on that team?

Stick him on the Cardinals and Jim Hart in Pittsburgh. Bradshaw wouldn’t have ever been on TV after his career except maybe in a Fat Scott Mitchell Biggest Loser kind of way

I’ll bite. Just a ridiculous take. You know where those “contenders” are better? At healthy skill position players. NOT QB!

Examples abound!

Rodgers is not worse this year, and frankly he has had probably overall better skill position players to work with than Goff this year. He just doesn’t have the same skill position player help this year.

Wilson was thought of as one of the best QBs in the league in Seattle for years. He looks terrible in Denver. I think it’s an easy case to make that he has had better receivers to work with this year than Goff due to all of the Lions injuries, but why is he struggling? Poor running game.

Cousins is not some other worldly QB. In fact Goff has a better QB rating with what he has had to work with than Cousins has (I have read). That team was outplayed by our team and eaked out the W. How? We lost all of our skill players including Swift, ARSB, and Chark (I think) during that single game. What do the Vikings have? Healthy skill position players.

Stafford. Do I need to break it down?

Put a team around Goff = wins.

2 Likes

This.

1 Like

Also this. 100%

team= defense and offense.+ QB. picking defensive players doesn’t mean much to me unless , they produce, they are useful, they are somewhat durable, and can take care of their responsibilities during games… If they cannot, well they are useless busts that never helped the team.