Do U like Kyle? I Do

now he’s gone, and look at us looking for another QB. ironic. play with half a team ," QB he look bad." “let’s draft another one.”

I seem to remember saying that no QB is going to look “all that” until our defensive line starts approaching the rank of our offense. mmm kind of like a HC that can’t overcome trying to win with one good line. I bet all of you that if our defense could hover around 20th, we would win far more games.

Stafford was no different. we had a shit defense and he was getting mugged behind our Oline, he threw the ball as much as he could, because that was producing more than running it was… but he wasn’t good enough for The Lions and is gone.

Go back before 2009, the one constant was losing, of course we had no defense that could play, sounds familiar, I call that half a team. SO , we have 2 constant things here 1 somewhat able O-line…no defense, and losing. we keep doing the same things over and over FIRE the HC’s and drafting new QB’s since 2009 , now finally, we Do have some quality D players but they are few and it’s a guess at who can play. BUT we have a few good D players…we are very slowly creeping along and getting more at a snails pace uphill in a blizzard , but we landed us some promising players finally. Once our Defense gets out of the ashes, we will become a power. because then , we can hit hard both offensively AND defensively …and on that day? The Detroit Lions will fill the air with a roar of life ! WE WILL WIN.

1 Like

I don’t see the irony inherent to that. I wanted us to draft middle round guys almost the entire time we had Stafford. Same as I do now

And if we are in position to draft a Peyton or Luck…For sure draft him. What I don’t want to see us do is reach for a project QB early or trade away draft capital for a QB when our defense is so terrible and bereft of overall talent

1 Like

I think some banter should be expected on a football forum. It’s not Oprah’s knitting group after all. It’s football and we’re dudes (mostly)

3 Likes

Robin Williams Hello GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

2 Likes

The irony, is we are doing the same things again and again hoping for different and better results. A, we jog half a team out there season after season. , B Joe HC doesn’t look so hot , C. Starting QB isn’t doing quite well enough, and we chant “Fire The HC !” “Let’s draft a new QB !” WE all want to win-that’s it ! BUT until the D can climb up in ranks part way to the Offense. every offseason will be a repeat of this.

1 Like

Super Bowl Defense of the 2021 Rams. Average combined tenure in the NFL? 4 years.
How many quality starter do the Lions have with 4 years under their belt?
Hutch? McNeil? Rodrego? Barnes? Joseph? Jacobs? Okuduh? Pascual?
I like the above base to build on, 3-4 more in 23 and we start cooking. All good things take time. While we are waiting, it’s a perfect time to draft a #1 QB for the future.

LDE A’Shawn Robinson 26 5 14 2.0 sacks, 0 interceptions, 0 fumbles recovered
LDT Aaron Donald+ 30 7 17 12.5 sacks, 0 interceptions, 0 fumbles recovered
RDT Greg Gaines 25 2 13 4.5 sacks, 0 interceptions, 0 fumbles recovered
RDE Von Miller 32 10 8 5.0 sacks, 0 interceptions, 0 fumbles recovered
LLB Troy Reeder 27 2 10 2.0 sacks, 2 interceptions, 0 fumbles recovered
MLB Kenny Young 27 3 7 2.0 sacks, 0 interceptions, 1 fumble recovered
RLB Leonard Floyd 29 5 17 9.5 sacks, 1 interception, 1 fumble recovered
LCB Darious Williams 28 3 13 0.0 sacks, 0 interceptions, 1 fumble recovered
RCB Jalen Ramsey
+ 27 5 16 0.0 sacks, 4 interceptions, 1 fumble recovered
SS Jordan Fuller 23 1 16 0.0 sacks, 1 interception, 0 fumbles recovered
FS Taylor Rapp 24 2 17 1.5 sacks, 4 interceptions, 1 fumble recovered

1 Like

Is anyone still bullish on Levis as a top ten pick? He looked awful Saturday

Would definitely not be upset with this draft. Right positions, at right places.

very early I was calling Goff Goof , because he reminded me of a blind kitten and reminded me to of Goofy. It seemed he couldn’t do anything “at first” But I am on the ‘keep Goff bandwagon.’ don’t give a **** if we draft another QB, but I say it’s near a wasted pick IF you don’t have the defensive pieces to rank higher than 32. IF we were in the 20’s right now? …I wouldn’t mind who we drafted bc I have no say and they will draft who they please anyway. BUT I am more anti-QB now , when our defense ranks in the 30’s,. silly me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.