Do we care that Deandre Swift just had his best game ever?

Swift traded. Good solid win-win deal, Swift for Montgomery and I have Gibbs Ekeler Javonte and Brian Robinson.

@relion good doin bidness with ya

2 Likes

Rooting for Swift same way I rooted for Avril, Diggs, Slay, Stafford etc

8 Likes

Can’t talk Swift without talking about Jalen Carter because we would have kept Swift had we not drafted Gibbs and drafted Carter instead, and that is what we should have done. Carter will be a huge star and maybe as big as Jones or Aaron Donald. it was a big mistake to pass on him. We would have still gotten Cpt Jack, and TE are easy enough to find.

so I would rather have Carter and Swift over Gibbs and
Laporta

2 Likes

Im happy for him, hope he stays healthy all season, just like I’d wish that for him if he was here. Wish him all the best as long as its not against us.

Yup. Good for him. He wanted to be traded. Ya can’t fault Holmes for trading a guy that wants to be traded.

3 Likes

Unpopular take I’d venture but this is probably the truth. Carter takes the Lions dline to anouther level and with Swift you still get the RB production.

1 Like

Imo if they missed it was when they couldn’t sell him on a role for the team. He wanted out of Detroit imo more than he wanted in

2 Likes

And when Swifts contract is up after the 2023 season how much would you be willing to pay to keep him?

3 Likes

When were tight ends easy to find for lions ? The heller Schefter Pettigrew Fauria year?

1 Like

Exactly he asked to be trade so lets stop the Holmes made mistake If you wanted Swift you should at least know truth an post it. He Asked For The Trade …Also lets see how he does for the season before some of you get all out of sorts.
What did he do last week against the jets? That’s what I thought.

3 Likes

He is still showing it this year. Last week he had 3 yards rushing and 0 yards receiving. I figured Lions fans would overreact to 1 game here and there, which is what he gave us.

I also diagree that this was his “best game ever.” At least statistically I would rank a game he had for us in 2021 as better. He was only able to give us 3 carries over the next 5 games after that, being inactive for 4 of those 5 games. Last year we all know he opened strong with another high output game pushing out nearly 200 yards of offense. He was only able to give us 12 carries over the next 5 games, being inactive in 3 of those 5 games.

6 Likes

Bingo
And Swift ALWAYS had a big game or two to start the year — he will fade like he did every year for us

1 Like

Week to week you just don’t know what your going to get from Swift. One huge game for him doesn’t make me a believer at this point in his career. Has a ton of ability but questions about availability. Happy with the direction the Lions are going.

2 Likes

Swift will be successful in Phili, that was predictable, as for wanting a trade, he wasn’t appreciated by the Lions staff so he wanted out. Some of the fans and posters on this sight whined about his injuries and availability, INJURIES happen to every running back in the league from time to time, it comes with the game.

I’m happy for him. There isn’t a chance in hell he will hold up to 30 touches a game, so hopefully the Eagles aren’t betting the house on that.

4 Likes

That is a tall task for any running back in the league, not just Swift.

3 Likes

In his best 2021 games he went 33 carries for 130 yards and 3 receptions for 5 yards in week 9. Then he went 14 carries for 136 and 3 receptions for no yards in week 10.

Last night, he went 28 for 175 and 3 catches for 6 yards.

But your right, historically he has done nothing after having 1 or 2 flashy games at the most. We will have to see if this holds up over time.

Over-reaction Friday. Let’s see what he does over the course of the season. Can Swift stsy healthy or will he break down again?

1 Like

I regret leaving him on my FF bench he scored 27.10 points last night

I’m starting Bijan, Gibbs and Montgomery

1 Like

He didn’t play against the Jets last week…unless he was just traded to Philly from Buffalo

2 Likes