Do we have a dumb head coach like Marinelli?

Record also stating that he is marinelli. How he is not aware of a back to back time out ? When flag came he felt like that never crossed his mind . People who don’t have awareness we are offering a six year contract? Marinelli atleast had coordinator experience . Campbell is just opposite of Marinelli in offensive side

2 Likes

Aaron Glenn called the 2nd TO

But head coach facial expression didn’t look different

Marinelli never held a coordinator title at any level PRIOR to becoming the Lions Head Coach. He was the Assistant Head Coach at many levels, in addition to being a position coach (sound familiar?). Monte Kiffin was Tampa’s Defensive Coordinator.

2 Likes

I hear Dan Campbell stubbed his toe on the locker room boulder that Marinelli had installed when he was coach

Not saying that Campbell will ultimately be successful, but he will be better in his second year… as should this team.

I certainly have low expectations for year 1 and I am not having them exceeded sadly. It is a dismal year, but he will have 3 years unless next year is as bad as this one.

If you know exactly what we will have in Campbell in the coming years, you are wiser than I am. I would let him have another year to grow because he needs it as a head coach. The team is still fighting even if it isn’t winning.

2 Likes

Rod was a better coch than he was talent evaluator. The input he had on the personnel side was a disaster in nearly every regard.

3 Likes

Oh yeah those Tampa retreads were God awful. Dewayne White was our biggest get and he was a rotational piece at best.

1 Like

Knee cap talk all make sense now , we all know this is what going to happen and a GM shouting in front of a lady owner during the draft , what a disgrace . Can’t imagine what kind of lies these guys might have told the poor lady owner to get the job

Lol Lady Owner…

1 Like

…If your motivation speech consists of pounding rocks or biting kneecaps……you might be a redneck

2 Likes

Brilliant take, other than the fact that it was Aaron Glenn that called the timeout in question.

It couldn’t have possibly been more obvious. He was the guy going nuts, jumping all over the place yelling “time-out”

Campbell was the white guy with the goatee, about a foot taller, not calling the time-out.

Ummm Campbell was calling timeout. He admitted as much in his post game presser. I swear guys are so desperate to defend Campbell it’s hard to watch….

What also has not been mentioned was after the flag was thrown for doing it, the ref went over to Campbell to give him an explanation…I’m assuming he told MCDC it is actually a penalty to call 2 timeouts in a row. I really believe MCDC didnt know the rule. But, he will learn and move on. Let’s be thankful it didnt happen in a game that has big implications.

Heard in Chicago on 670 The Score. Nagy was supposedly told he would be fired after the Thanksgiving game but…“He finds the ONE coach, the ONE guy who is worse than he is!” Lol.

1 Like

NO :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Good news for the Lions that he wasn’t fired.

I don’t think Campbell is “dumb”–just inexperienced. Better to make mistakes now in a season when it doesn’t matter than later when it does. Hopefully, he’s learned from them.

Campbell and Schwartz don’t know the basic rules is a concern

These kinks should’ve been worked out in Miami, if not New Orleans. Campbell just may not be the brightest guy.