Do we really need all these draft picks? šŸ¤”

Erection Morning Wood GIF

1 Like

mood erection GIF

I would say these free agent acquisitions give us the opportunity to be unpredictable in the draft. Usually the best recipe for garnering trade interest.

With all these great free agents we still need long term solutions at these spots. Especially still DB. But now we donā€™t have to be predictable that we are going to take one in the first.

Kudos to BH for making us difficult to project.

3 Likes

YES!
100% agree

1 Like

Imagine us drafting a first round pick that doesnā€™t need to start right away.

4 Likes

This is an exceptional DB class where I think we can get an excellent one at 18. If they pass this year, and these guys on 1 year deals leave, and we donā€™t bring back Okudah, and weā€™ll likely be picking in the 20s next year. We could be pretty screwed. I think one of the first round picks should be a corner. I suppose we could always sign more free agents next year, if we donā€™t draft one this year.

2 Likes

I too feel we need a corner for long term development in tound 1 or 2.

4 Likes

Doesnā€™t get toā€¦even if heā€™s talented
HA! Too much talent!
Go get 'em Brad

Dre Bly + the vets to mentor the youngā€™nā€™z too.

1 Like

Yep! A lot of guys are on one year deals.
Those are the positions weā€™ll be drafting this year.

3 Likes

The reality is this. Several players are on 1 year deals. It doesnā€™t exclude the lions from drafting a long term solution. Also Jackson wants to get paid. And w what the market is paying his position the lions might pass. That being saidā€¦ā€¦I totally could see the lions moving up to 3ā€¦ā€¦for maybe Anderson or a qb. Just saying.

3 Likes

I am thinking this, or maybe traded. If so, we will go CB early. Put rookie behind Mosley and Dutton to learn for a year. Then see what happens with Mosley at year end.

Itā€™s a very interesting situation to be in, unfamiliar Lion territory.

We could possibly trade up without even giving up our 18th pick.

I heard Wilson has a 7 foot wingspan. Thats ridiculous!

1 Like

It is that big an if he is there at 6 I hope we take him if gone i would take the best WR

I think they still want a young DB in early part of draft. Let them learn from the experienced new guys.

Okudah salary and roster bonus are fully guaranteed in 2023ā€¦ so nothing to save by cutting him.

I could see them turning down the 5th year option for 2024 nowā€¦ since that is over $10 mill guaranteed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.