Do you think Matt Ryan will get into the HALL OF FAME?

Do you think Matt Ryan will get into the HALL OF FAME?

Do you think the Falcons will sign Kirk Cousins?

No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

3 Likes

I wouldn’t have Ryan in the HoF. For me to make it in you need to be a top 3 player at your position for at least two thirds of your career. While Ryan was very good and occasionally great, he doesn’t meet that criteria and one MVP isn’t enough to get him in. Same goes for Stafford with only one ring.

Brady, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers and Roethlisberger are all going to get in from broadly the same era. That doesn’t leave room for anyone else because for me putting in the 6th best guy of an era would be diluting the HoF, it’s about the best of the best, not guys who were pretty good.

IMO, of the guys who won’t make it I think Russell Wilson has the best case. He was around the top 5 QBs for 10 years or so, and has a ring. Its a better case than Rivers who was also around the top 5 most years but never won an MVP or a ring, and Eli who was an average QB who fluked two rings.

2 Likes

It’s hard for a QB who didn’t win the Super Bowl to be considered for the Hall. Warren Moon was of that caliber, and frankly Matty Ice wasn’t in the same league of talent as Warren Moon or Jim Kelly. You can’t base it off of getting the Falcons to the Super Bowl, because then why not Chris Chandler?

I don’t think Ryan deserves the Hall of Fame. Good, solid QB, yes. HoF caliber, not quite.

Do I think he will? yes Do I think he should? No

No, I don’t he doesn’t pass any of the eyeball/sniff tests and his #s aren’t like off the charts.

If our Matty doesnt win the Super Bowl w the Rams would he get in is the much better question.

Well I don’t think a Super Bowl is a absolute yes no test for the HoF for for a quarterback as there are plenty of guys in there who didn’t win the Super Bowl, but those guys were Elite in their time which Matt Ryan was just short of

1 Like

Don’t care.

Why all of the team from Georgia posts?

1 Like

We all like Nate, right? He’s trying to grow the platform to be a welcome place for all fans of every team to join and discuss football in an intellectually stimulating manner.

To that end, he’s asking us all to chip in a little bit on sparking some conversations on the other 31 forums. I think that’s an achievable goal, and Nate has sacrificed plenty to keep this place ticking. Least we can do is do our part to help him achieve his goals.

1 Like

I don’t think he is a HOF QB.

In short: No.

More in depth: No. He was a very good QB, but never consistently in the top of qbs when he played. But I am pretty picky with the term “elite” and he wasn’t.

Consider elite type QBs in his playing time: Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Breese, and you can argue for Big Ben.

This is no insult to Matt Ryan. He is a very good QB with an excellent career. But I would argue that it isn’t good enough to get in the Hall.

1 Like

I hope not. Hall of pretty good doesn’t have the same ring to it.