Does Jalen Carter pass the test?

It seems like we already broke the rule with Jamo and that may already be a regret. Hard to see back to back, and not that high in the draft. This isn’t a mid round flyer.

1 Like

Very fair point. But the DL room - Alim and Buggs - is very strong, character-wise. I’m torn myself. Talent-wise, this guy is better than Davis from last yaar.

He did flip a U-turn, went back to the accident. Someone called 911 and on the tape someone was overheard telling Carter to get out of the there.

He ended up coming back again after about an hour. Not sure if he came back on his own or was instructed to come back by police, family, lawyer, team official.

He left a dying teammate. How do you sell that in the Lions locker room ??

1 Like

didn’t know this. But if its someone he trusted, it sort of explains it. Yes its weak, but he’s 21 with a thousand things going through his head.

Watching Georgia’s pro day online now

We aren’t talking about a driving test, are we?

The face to face meetings will be extremely important with this guy as a GM will take a LOT of heat if he has additional problems. If he ends up being a stud, the GM’s that pass on him will take heat.

Definitely one of the harder calls that Brad may have to make.

Sewell and Aiden were easy picks in comparison.

1 Like

Smelling like a bust. Won’t do a 40 now and gained 10 lbs since the combine. Stay away

1 Like

He would pass that with flying colors, 104 mph cruising through your neighborhood, probably a little tipsy… He’s not the guy that crashed.

Starting to feel like this might be true. Too bad, hurts our draft slot value.

1 Like

I can forgive the big fella for stress eating under the circumstance. If Sheila, Chris, Brad, Ray, Dan and AG think he’s a decent kid who just made a terrible mistake then I’d draft him. If not take him entirely off the board.

2 Likes

Reports are that he’s not doing the 40.
But he will do 0-60 in a flash.

Wondering if there’s ever a third alternative?
J/K bro!

Wonder what the reaction would have been if Kayvon Thibedeaux had been involved in a similar scandal 12 months ago?

Evil? Nope
Questionable Decision Making? Yes
Questionable Work Ethic? Yes
Risky? Oh yeah.

1 Like

except in Virginia.

Yeah rumor was we were not going to spend money on FAs either. And that didn’t age well.

We’ve spent, but no huge crazy contracts like what people wanted to give Payne or Hargrave. Most of Brad’s signings have been at or below a roughly $10M/year average, so while I didn’t expect us to sign so many players, what he’s signed them for is right in line with what he’s shown he’s willing to spend. It’s definitely on the upper end of the range of outcomes but still within them.

3 Likes

Well that’s not true , if you talked about signing anyone you would get 5 post about stay the course and 1 year prove it deals. Not everyone was saying sign expensive players ,lot of people thought about Payne but knew his price would be to steep. Hell I was told Greg Gaines was to expensive. Sutton is a quality signings as is Mosley. Montgomery is also a pretty good signing.