Does last weeks trouncing remind anyone else of 1991?

I thought of this Monday or Tuesday and meant to post it then but forgot…until I just saw this…

5 Likes
2 Likes

Here’s another fun fact about the Raven’s game and our last playoff win against the Cowboys on January 5, 2022: Both ended with a score of 38-6. It’s an omen. The portals of a dynasty are opening…
Season 5 Episode 3 GIF by Paramount+

3 Likes

It sure does now.

The playoff win is gonna be fun… ha ha

1 Like

If we can muster a playoff win, this season is a win in my book.

5 Likes

I mean that was so different

Practically a different game

I remember the 91 NFC championship game like it was yesterday. I convinced myself we would win, and go to the Super Bowl. I could not sleep a wink for 3 days prior to the game.

I never figured that i would have to wait 32 years (and counting) to feel that way again.

3 Likes

Uh-oh. Which Guard is getting paralyzed?

EVERYONE HIRE A LAWN SERVICE

2 Likes

6 Likes

The difference: we don’t have that superstar.

If we could only have this kind of overall team but with a Calvin or a Barry.

1 Like

Amon Ra is a superstar but he may literally die on the field because Goff has nowhere else to throw the ball

2 Likes

St. is awesome but he’s not a superstar in that Barry/Calvin sort of the way. Once could make the argument that those two represent the most talented WR and RB of all time.

2 Likes

Niners somehow went out and got a couple of superstars: CMC and Trent Williams. Gotta be patient, gotta be shrewd, and gotta be savage when a superstar becomes gettable.

1 Like

Fortunately, Brad is patient and shrewd. He also has an eagle eye on the extended future, acts opportunely on his considered convictions, and is an affable villain.

Having said that, I’ve never actually met the man, so perhaps he’s doing the GM version of catfishing me for some reason that’s not readily apparent.

I think peak Baltimore is the archetype. Draft and develop in abundance. Let your B+ talent move on for top money and replenish through comp pick assisted drafts.

2 Likes

True that Barry and Megatron were / are some of the GOATs at their respective positions.

I’m not sure that ARSB fits into that category. BUT to me having a superstar game changer is someone that other team’s can’t stop while still planning to do just that. Opponents know the ball is coming to him but just never seem to be able to shut ARSB. The only one shutting down ARSB is ARSB when he has an off game like last one dropping balls (uncharacteristically) or when his QB doesn’t have time to throw the ball.

For instance is Cooper Kupp going to go down in the category of a GOAT? He almost broke Calvin’s record. Like ARSB, team’s game plan to stop just him, they know Stafford is gonna throw just him the ball and yet he consistently has 100+ yard games and totally affects impact and outcome of the game meaning that he’s a difference maker.

I think ARSB fits into that same category of major difference maker. When you can’t stop someone, they’re a superstar. At least for me.

1 Like

Tbh, I don’t even remember the regular season blowout game. But I do remember the NFC championship blowout itself. I’m fearing the Baltimore game is a sign of our real competitive level once in the playoffs.

So that would mean they lose to Dallas in regular season and beat them in playoffs? Or beat them both games?

1 Like

Welcome to The Den, GiantsFanButLionsWSB

That could well happen with their schizophrenic home and away performances. Saturday night will be a real test for BNL.