Does Richardson throw too many INT's

Michael Penix is nowhere near the athlete that AR is. He’s obviously much further along as a passer. Penix is also due to suffer an injury any minute now.

I do think passing is far more important for a QB than running. Hence the poor man designation.

1 Like

More so talking about his erratic play.

1 Like

Richardson is a total project. Nowhere near NFL ready and i wouldnt touch him before the middle rounds. This is going to be Willis all over again where talking heads and fans overrate him due to his physical attributes.

3 Likes

Jake Gyllenhaal Love GIF

2 Likes

None!

His physical toolset is far beyond what Willis offered. But yes, he clearly is not yet ready to start in the NFL.

OH HELL NO !

Well true enough, Josh Allen was quite a specimen. So much of QBing depends on the situation the prospect is brought into and whether he is setup for success.

There have been plenty of draft prospects that have less than stellar college careers and went on to become good NFL QBs though. Matthew Stafford had ability at UGA but his stats were mediocre. He hit 60% of his passes just once in three seasons. He threw picks. Deshaun Watson was a good college QB but he threw quite a few picks. His knock was that his accuracy has to improve and he has to get better at the mental side. He slid some because of it.

So, prospects like that are out there. Maybe not quite to the degree of Josh Allen, who came from Wyoming of all places, with less than stellar stats but tremendous ability. I would actually compare him more to Anthony Richardson physique wise and talent wise rather than Levis. At least Richardson had a year of snaps in the SEC.

1 Like

I’d take Richardson as an athlete in the third round. Groom him as a long term project at qb, but he also learns a route tree and gets specific plays designed around his skillset. Ben Johnson can handle it. Pitch it back to Richardson and let the safeties decide whether to come up and tackle or play the deep ball.

I don’t think we have the luxury to go for a guy like this and suffer 2 years seeing IF he is the guy. You have to be able to absorb the losses for a couple years. AND then it is still a maybe. Look at Trevor Lawrence and he was a stud! It still took time.

We need our picks to pay off or we fall back into shame or mediocrity.

Not too many guys change their completion % by what this guy would have to do to become a consistent winner. Lamar Jackson went from 57% in college to 63% in pros. This kid is 54%. He was 53% in high school. but don’t judge a book by its cover. and he isn’t close to Lamar. He just flings it sometimes his receivers catch it, sometimes it hits the ground and sometimes the other team LOVES his accuracy, or lack thereof.

Somebody will draft him. his testing and interviews will be huge to see where he goes.

yes if you can throw 30 yards, get a completion…you can do that way faster than by running it, however certain situations call for a back to run with it-if you have quality running ability as well, mix it up and try to confuse the defense what your going to do.