Does the eye test match up?

According to PFF we have 3 of the top 5 positions on the line.

Scruggs #1 center

Mahogany #2 guard

Sewell #2 tackle

Ratledge #7 guard

Miller #40 tackle

I haven’t been able to watch anything live. Is our line playing at those levels? Or is this just PFF fluff? From the little I w watched millers ranking seems a bit low. Everyone else seems a mite high.

1 Like

Before yesterday people would agree. After yesterday, and yesterday was gawd awful, i think people would say it’s fluff.

4 Likes

I figured as much. Sewell doesn’t look nearly as dominant on the left as he did on the right. I’m hoping that’s just rust and comfort.

1 Like

Yesterday was rough. The line didn’t open up holes for Gibbs, and Goff looked like he had people in his face all day.

They are going to be fine. For whatever reason, we were not prepared to play them or counter what they were doing. We got outcoached. Like they said on the broadcast, Sewell is the best tackle in the game and he is going through some muscle memory stuff adjusting.

2 Likes

In general game 1 and game 3 feel like we are just a few tweaks away from having a good team. Games 2 and 4 made me feel like we were a long ways away from being a good team.

6 Likes

YES, and it sucks.

That tracks. 50% of the games you’re confident and the other 50% you’re not. That’s how most of us feel when the offense has the ball vs the defense being on the field. The truth is this roster will only go as far as the offense takes them.

I’m not even sure that the other games have made me confident. I just could see the outline of a good, fairly balanced team. The other two felt hopeless.

I think everything starts with running the ball well. When we do that it impacts the whole team positively.

3 Likes

Sewell will be perfect there.

1 Like

I know. He just needs to get used to being over there again.

1 Like