Dogs - Continued

In the old OTT someone started a thread about dogs. I mentioned I knew some folks with Labradoodles and that unfortunately, the dogs were a mess.
Can’t remember who, but someone took umbrage with that. I think my initial observations may have been accurate.

"I opened a Pandora box and released a Frankenstein monster,”

The man who created the first labradoodle, a now popular crossbreed of dog, says that the decision was his “life’s regret.”https://t.co/x9iBNv36Iz

— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) September 26, 2019
1 Like

It was me…I’ve got a goldendoodle that is 3 now and is the best dog we have ever had. I’ve buried about a half dozen dogs or so over the years so I’ve seen many different ones. We have 3 right now. I personally know at least 5 other families that have this same breed and they are awesome.

I hear ya. I am sure there are some great Labrdoodles, but screwed up genetics can often return poor results down stream. As the original breeder was talking about.

1 Like

Deb and I just got a puppy. Pug, Chihuahua, Boxer mix. Looks almost identical to a Jack Russell.
I’ve got great pictures if I can ever figure out how to post the damn things here.

Come on, this thread and we don’t get to hear the tail of the Weasel Puppy?

Breeding for looks over health.

2 Likes

My wife was highly allergic to cats and dogs, but wanted a dog really badly. For me I wanted a cat and a dog. I love both. Cats bring their own little personalities to the table and I love it. At any rate, getting a dog was always out of the question until she found a few breeds that were ideal for people with allergies. She ended up picking out a Mi-Ki. Its a mixed breed.

What I love about the little guy is he’s got very cat like habits. So its been like having a cat and a dog at the same time. He’s also not as impulsive as many other dogs, and is very picky about his food (like my cat used to be). He doesn’t like human food, he only likes his kibble. I can leave a full bag of trash on the floor, and he won’t touch it.

2 Likes

More of a cat guy. I don’t want to own a beast who eats their own poop

Or whose steamy gooey poop I need to pickup with a plastic wrapped hand