Don’t rule Willis out? Willis to visit our facility?

From Peter King’s FMIA:

It’s a different year in the draft. It’s too early to say who’s going where, and too early to know who’s trading with whom, because most teams are in the final days of stacking their boards and placing values on players. But there are two things in the NFL’s 87th draft that stand out, from conversations with 12 GMs/coaches/personnel people on Friday and Saturday:

1. This could be the first draft since the NFL began the “Annual College Player Selection Meeting” in 1936 that has no one who touches the ball getting picked in the top 10. No running backs, of course. Quite possibly no wideouts; the Jets, picking 10th, look to be the first place a receiver might go. And with the quarterback picture so lousy and so cloudy, who knows? We all know Carolina, picking sixth, could well take a quarterback. And we know a desperate team for one (Pittsburgh, picking 20th?) could be motivated to move up for one. “But unless Carolina takes one,” one GM said, “I can’t see any team picking one in the top 10.”

2. It’s going to be a bad year for mock drafts. Great line from a top GM Saturday night: “You can take the top 20 most plugged-in guys in your business. Ask them to pick the top 10 guys in this draft. I would bet a lot of money no two guys have the same top 10. When you don’t know who’s going one or two or three at this point of the year, you’ve got a mysterious year.”

Lots of interesting tributaries to this draft, as told to me by those in the draft rooms over the weekend, and we’ll start with the first pick. After Kyler Murray, Joe Burrow and Trevor Lawrence were locked in atop the three most recent drafts by now, a very unfamous Georgia Bulldog is a serious contender for number one this year.

I asked my 12 draft-authority panelists: Less than two weeks before the draft, what do you feel good about? What will be true come draft weekend? I said I would use their thoughts but not their names.

The Lead: Draft Chat

This is going to be an odd column—a stream-of-consciousness column. Think of having 12 inside authorities on the draft, with their soundbites and quick opinions, one after the other. At times, I’ll inject some explanation. At times, I’ll just let them riff.

The rather lengthy rest of it is here:

Some think no QB, RB, or WR will go in the top 10. Rather telling.

May explain why neither Pickett nor Ridder were invited to the draft.

1 Like

It’s already been said I’m sure …

But right now, the Lions - of course - HAVE to appear to love every player in the top 20. It’s good business.

We will know the truth after the pick.

screw trading off a ton of beans in a weaker draft !

Official

Dropping these rumors, dangling participles were not hung correctly…?

1 Like

My apologies, I should have added context so as to not further dangle.

1 Like

Yep! Extended dangling is hazardous to one’s health!! :crazy_face:

Is this a joke im not quite getting?

This is it , they don’t like the pass rushers at the top of this draft, so they take Willis trade Goff and start Boyle for next year. Witch would gaurntee us the #1 pic in 23 and we take Will Anderson. :thinking:

2 Likes

Yes, it was an extension of the rumors thread. I was trying to rival the outlandish rumors being posted elsewhere.

Maybe they’re playing some 3D chess and the long game!! We’ll see!

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.