DPJ re-signed

The Lions haven’t had an X since Dan and Brad have been here, imo.

Re-signed = sign (a document) again.
Resigned = having accepted something unpleasant that one cannot do anything about.

Shooting Star GIF

3 Likes

It’s wild to me you guys think DPJ is that guy.

He isn’t anywhere near Josh’s league.

1 Like

And yet Josh has never put up a statistical year that rivals DPJ’s 2022.

7 Likes

Reynolds is the guy who gets beyond the chains when Amon is being bracketed

Jamo is a gadget player who can stretch the field

DPJ is the big bodied contested catch guy we can throw to covered in the end zone

I think we need them all

2 Likes

DPJ is literally a year (well, I guess two now) removed from a season that Reynolds could only hope for, with Jacoby Brissett throwing to him. Reynolds has had the benefit of actual good QB play and is average. It’s wild to me that you think there is a big difference between the two. They’re both #3 WR types.

4 Likes

That’s fair, but the reality is the ball is distributed to outside receivers on both sides of the field. We’re not going to cede the position to a WR5 and say it’s ok because we can just throw to the TE or RB. Ideally you’d like a true X to play Jamo and Ra off of, but if Jamo essentially plays the X taking a Corner and Safety with him each snap, then a player with Reynolds+ ability is required at the Z.

1 Like

Josh Reynolds is nothing without Goff

Hopefully there’s an nfl team that doesn’t realize that

5 Likes

Last 2 seasons combined…

DPJ -74 catches 994 yards 4 total TD’s - 1 was a punt return

Reynolds - 78 catches 1087 yards 8 total TD’s

Slight edge Reynolds… DPJ is 4 years younger though

1 Like

This level salary means he’s no lock to make the roster, easily cuttable. He’s going to have to prove he belongs by September.

I don’t think this effects Reynolds at all.

1 Like

Our offense is based on precision, takes some time to grasp the timing of routes. Goff doesn’t like to take chances on receivers being in the wrong spot. A preseason will do wonders for the chemistry between Goff & DPJ.

4 Likes

That’s an even worse look for Reynolds considering DPJ got almost zero run last season. Essentially, it took Reynolds two seasons to do what DPJ did in 2022.

3 Likes

Agree with this. There’s reasons to expect more production from Jamo, Gibbs, Green and DPJ than we saw last year.

I still like Reynolds for his chemistry with Goff but I won’t be worried if he isn’t back.

3 Likes

DPJ 1566 snaps

Reynolds 1457 snaps

Snaps played and production over the past 2 seasons very similar really

5 Likes

Working in Reynold’s favor is the kinda insane production in term of moving the chains. And he did it in DET, with Goff. Still expect him back. And expect another WR in the draft to challenge for Green’s spot.

Lions rarely had 6 WR on game day anyway.
ESPECIALLY If they have 3 Healthy TEs.

So now with
St, Williams, Raymond, DPJ, Green.

They still have the ability to draft a WR. But if they sign another WR it will be harder to cut a WR to make room for the rookie.

4 Likes

Green can go to the practice squad if he does take a big step. If he doesn’t clear waivers, oh well he was just a 7th rounder. I mean, I like him. But if he gets squeezed out so be it.

2 Likes

Very similar production for roughly 1/3 the cost seems like a win to me.

4 Likes

Could be. Being 4 years younger is nice too.

Although I wouldn’t rule Reynolds out yet. Goff does have chemistry with the guy.

2 Likes

I think we’re done at WR until after the draft. Then we’ll think about Reynolds if he’s still around.

3 Likes