Draft Contest suggestions, guidelines and discussion

It does make me wonder of the Lions like Walker’s ability to play inside or out. He could play outside on 1st and 2nd downs and then move inside with Levi on passing downs with JOK taking his spot outside on the passing downs.

Kind of kills two birds with one stone, negating the need to draft another 3 tech.

1 Like

**** Attention Everyone ****

No one’s putting their tie breakers in. So if you tie and have no tie breakers you will lose the tie. Please add your tie breakers to your selections.

I guarantee you they do.

He can play the Brockers role moving forward and that’s exactly how I’d see us using him if we drafted him.

Problem I have with him is that he’s too much of a risk pick to take at 2OA but the Lions have access we do not and they could feel confident they can coach him up. But I just can’t see us drafting a guy at 2OA who is a project player. I think that’s what bad teams do. I would lose some confidence in our staff if they did it.

At 2OA there’s prospects on the board that aren’t a project. Why take the risk?

O2 DL Kayvon Thibodeaux.

The Lions should do everything in their power to draft Matt Araiza, (San Diego State). God knows the Lions have no kicking game, they need to correct that dilemma, in this draft.

Oh man this isn’t going to go over well.

I am ready to weigh in at this point. I know there will be trades but I am not confident calling those out. Here is my best guess:

#2 OA: DL Kayvon Thibodeaux
#32: LB N. Dean
#34: DB Safety Lewis Cine
#66: DT Logan Hall
#97: WR Alec Pierce
#177 (rd. 5): TE Jake Ferguson
#181 (rd. 6): RB Tyler Allgeier.
#217 (6th rd.): Secondary Sterling Weatherford
#234 (7th rd.): LBer Nephi Sewell

Will Dean make it that far? I think so as he isn’t a sack guy and he is a bit smaller. Combine that with an expected run on WRs, QBs (outside the top ten picks), OL guys and CBs and yes, I think Dean might fall that far.

Biggest reach for me is Logan Hall falling into the 3rd rd. He is a tweaner player though and it takes the right defense to use his strengths.

From there it is guesses. I believe we will move around but I’m not sure when as this draft is pretty damn good outside the top 5. Deep. Why move around when a guy of value and need will likely be there? I see that playing out with Dean AND Cine. Hall too. I really like WR Pierce and in a not-so-stacked WR draft Pierce is likely a late 2nd rd. pick.

A draft like this would make me VERY happy.

That’s the Hard part and remember you only get to make 8 picks any way. So if you trade down and gather more picks then you only get to use the top 8 picks.

Post them in the competition thread. See link below. Don’t forget to use the proper position designations. Also don’t forget to post your Tie Breakers.

If the Lions read my board and draft what I tell them to, they will have done well!

1 Like

**** ATTENTION EVERYONE ****

I emailed everyone in the draft contest thread (up to this point) who’s entry was missing something or didn’t meet the rules. Check your inbox and fix your entry if you haven’t already.

You may edit your thread up to draft day. At some point on draft day I will lock the thread. Probably Thursday around lunch time. My suggestion is to have your final edits made by early Thursday morning.

Once it’s locked then that’s it. No more edits. No more entries.

Good Luck to everyone and here’s to a good Lions draft!

Do we know who won?

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.