Draft Contest suggestions, guidelines and discussion

I am turning this thread into the official draft contest discussion thread. We’re going to do it the same way as last year. (With some minor changes see below)

Here’s the actual contest thread.

Please post your entry in that thread but all discussions in here not there. we want to keep that thread clean.

If your participating then please follow the guidelines on how to make a proper pick.

For Example:

Pick 2 - Travon Walker (not ok)
RD1 - Walker (not ok)
2OA - Walker (not ok)
2OA - DL Travon Walker (OK)

We need to know which Walker your talking about. Where they were selected and their position. Is it Travon Walker, Kenny Walker or Quay Walker? We need to know.

The format must be on what the actual pick number was, position and full name of player so that it’s clear what player your picking.

Changes -

DL is the designation you use for DT and Edge
DB is the designation you use for a S and CB.
OL is the designation you use for C, OG and OT.

For the player who plays in a 3-4 and is an OLB/Edge guy you need to call him a DL not a LB.

If we come across a discrepancy on what position a player actually plays the deciding factor will be made by the mod team.

I’m trying to avoid the argument on the position the player plays is he a OT, OG, C, CB, DE, DT, SS, FS, or LB. For this contests sake he’s either a OL, DL, LB or DB.

Let’s hear suggestions, questions and comments.

FYI - I’m going to clean up this thread as much as possible so don’t be upset if I delete a post you make that’s not relevant. Go ahead and make the post but just understand I made delete it later.

1 Like

Do we need positions? Are there multiple names ppl at different positions?

1 Like

I say just do it the same. I’m a big fan of last year’s format.

2 Likes

Great! Let’s do it.

1 Like

It’s Good, Run it.

1 Like

I’ll have a go. Thank you for the suggestion, Air2.

1 Like

Thanks for the question. Yes we did positions last year and I changed it in my example above to reflect that so it wasn’t as confusing. Please let me know if everything is clear now.

Hey everyone I turned this into the official discussion thread.

I linked the contest thread above (it’s currently locked) I will unlock it shortly.

Please keep discussions here and entries in the other thread.

What would Julian Okwara’s position be? DL correct?

From the contest thread:

Shouldn’t picking the right player in the incorrect round be worth something? And probably something more than the 1-point, “wrong player but right position in the correct draft location?”

Example: Say I predict Auburn S Smoke Monday in the 5th round, and the Lions actually take Smoke Monday but in the 6th round.

That’s not worth anything?

1 Like

Yes he’s Edge and Edge is designated as a DL.

Here’s the scoring system (please see the official thread for the bonus structure)

5pts - For each correct player selected.
3pts - If you select the correct player in the correct draft location. (Location example = 2OA)
1pts - bonus if you select the wrong player but right position in the correct draft location.

So in your example you’d get 5pts for Smokey Monday but you would need to designate him as a DB not a S. (See rules for proper designations)

1 Like

Deese? Nuts!

1 Like

Can i change a pick?

Yep you can edit up to draft day when we lock it.

Ok. Im debating with the 1st pick

Not sure if the lions will take 3 players from the same school, but if they like team chemistry, why not.

Dammit, @BRICKLAYER . So much for my wild exclusive No. 2 pick.